Broken Down (Tom Holland)

You drove down the busy LA road constantly hearing the loud noise of impatient drivers laying on their horns. The constant stop and go of the traffic wasn't good for your old car. You knew that, however, the beat up Volkswagon was your only way to your job interview.

Which you were now late for. Of course, you thought. This had been your fifth job interview of the month. Also, the fifth one you were late to. The traffic in sunny Los Angeles always seemed to let you down.

You let your head fall on the steering wheel in frustration, not caring about the loud noise that escaped your car. In fact, it was hard to decipher which horn was yours. 

You had been living in LA for 6 weeks and you couldn't find a job. You decided to move to California after university in hopes to pursue an acting career. It wasn't going well, so you attempted to get a job while you tried to get an audition.

After a while you picked your head up. "Better late than never," you murmured to yourself. Your mood lightened until you got a call from the office in which you were driving to. "Hello, this is (Y/N)," you spoke hesitantly. 

"Hi (Y/N), this is Joanna from the office of Locke and James," the woman spoke with odd enthusiasm.

"Hi Joanna, I'm on my way right now...traffic." You let out a nervous laugh.

Joanna then explained, "Yes, um, I'm sorry (Y/N), but we have already filled the spot." As you processed her words your hand subconsiously went to your forehead. 

"O-Okay. Uh-um...th-thank you," you replied after a pause. You hung up before she could say anything else. You turn your head to face the sky and stretch your neck. 

Just like the first four interviews you managed to mess the fifth up as well. You knew living in LA would be hard, but you thought it would be hard to land an acting role. Not find a part-time job.

You eventually got out of traffic, but didn't want to go back to your apartment yet. Taking a shortcut, you started to drive toward the Hollywood Walk of Fame; somewhere you have been multiple times before. Four to be exact. It has become a sort of haven for you, a place you go after bad news. However, on the way your car started to slow down as smoke started to come from the front of your car.

"Oh crap," you whispered as you pulled to the side of the road before your car came to a complete stop. Your car broke down...on the side of an idle road...in Los Angeles, where you know no one. You got out of your car and went to the hood of the vehicle.

You weren't surprised. The car was almost as old as you were. Your parents got it shortly after you were born and gave it to you when you were 16. Surprisingly, it has never broke down. Until now. It didn't take long for you to realize that the engine was blown and needed to be completely replaced. 

You called a tow truck company and they infromed you it may take around half an hour for them to arrive. You leaned on your car and scrolled aimlessly through Instagram. 

Some time later, a car with tinted windows pulled to a stop in front of you. This was the first car you had seen on this road and they made you anxious. As the driver's door opened you tried to seem confident as you stood up straight. 

The man who stepped out made your knees buckle and your hand fly up to your mouth as you gasped. Tom Holland. Tom Holland just stepped out of his car and is walking toward you. 

Tom Holland had been your inspiration and motivation. His success has helped you to keep going, holding on the belief that things can happen, even at a young age. You couldn't believe your eyes.

"Hi, I'm Tom," he said with a smile as he held out his hand for you to shake. Your had was still over your mouth and you slowly lowered it.

"I'm, uh, (Y/N)," you replied with a huge smile. You shook his hand and didn't let go. He laughed while staring at your hand and you quickly took it away.

"Strong grip, eh?" he suggested, his smile never faltering.

"Yeah, sorry about that. It's just...you're an amazing role model to me. I admire all your work and actually I'm pursuing an acting career inspired partially by you," you complimented with a smile as big as his.

"Wow, thank you." He sounded surprised. "Anyway, I came over to ask if you were ok?"

"Oh...yes! I-I mean...no?" you sighed before continuing, "My car broke down and I'm waiting for a tow truck."

His eyes shifted behind you and he pointed, "You mean, that one?" You turned to look behind you as a tow truck parked by your car and the driver started to walk toward you. 

After you sorted everything out with the tow truck driver you realized Tom was still standing outside his car. As you walked over to him he smiled again.

"What are you smiling at?" you asked looking behind you. When you felt a hand grasp your own you looked foward again. Tom was standing in front of you with, if possible, an even bigger smile than before.

"You," he simply stated. A blush rose on your cheeks and you couldn't help that grin that spread on your face as you held his hand. 

Tom had convinced you to go with him to the Hollywood Walk of Fame because what he was doing before "wasn't important". You both had a fun day and developed a strong friendship, all because your car broke down.

______________________________________________________

A/N: Well, I tried. Hopefully this is ok. It is my first story. Feel free to give feedback and point out errors or how I can make my writing better. Thanks y'all! Happy reading!