Chapter 6

As the dark-haired girl rode off into the night on her bike, the sound of the roaring engine faded away. Meanwhile, the blonde girl stood alone, cursing to herself.

"Bloody hell, I still have her jacket," She mutters, clutching at the jacket she was wearing. Despite her frustration, she found comfort in hugging the jacket close to herself, enjoying the warmth it provided. She caught a whiff of the dark-haired girl's scent lingering on the jacket and quickly pull it away, and tries to gage.

Letting out a soft sigh, Bree knew her makeup was most likely ruined from her earlier crying. She turned around and made her way back to the party, feeling regret and shame for even hosting the party. The only reason she threw the party was due to the constant fights she had been having with her boyfriend, or perhaps ex-boyfriend by now, though the status of their relationship remained unclear. She wanted distraction.

As she reentered the party, she noticed the crowd has thinned out compared to earlier. People were starting to leave as the party gradually died down. Bree scans the surroundings, seeing red cups scattered around, scrapes of tissue paper laying around, and party decorations that had been taken down.

"Bree!" a voice calls out, capturing her attention. She turns to see her friend Selena approaching with a concerned expression. A smile crosses Bree's face as she greets her friend, but Selena couldn't help but grimace as she took in Bree's appearance.

"Goodness, you look awful," Selena says, worry filling her eyes. She wanted to reach out and offer comfort, to embrace Bree tightly and provide warmth, but she knew Bree wouldn't welcome it. Instead, she rested her hand on Bree's wrist, only to receive a hissing sound in response.

"Bloody," Bree sharply curses, instinctively pulling her wrist away and gently clutching it, clearly in pain. Selena's eyes widened at the sight and exclaims, "Who did this to you?"

Bree softly says, "Noah came to this party, and he tried to make a move on me."

"It's okay, he was drunk," She quickly adds, managing a slight smile with tears welling up in her eyes.

"Babe, how can you say it's okay?" Selena says, her gaze fixed on Bree's reddened wrist, unsure of how to help. However, anger and a deep desire to confront Bree's abusive ex-boyfriend boil within her. She had despised Noah ever since he showed his true color, despite her numerous attempts to convince Bree to leave him for good. Bree is only familiar with toxic relationships.

Bree attempts to cover up her bruised wrist with her white jacket, but Selena recognized the jacket, and her eyes narrow as she tries to recall where she had seen it before. Suddenly, realization dawned on her.

"You know her?" Selena asks, her gaze shifting from the white jacket to Bree, confusion written on her face. Bree inquires, "Know who?"

"You know the girl whose jacket you're wearing," Selena clarifies, her voice filled with curiosity and concern. Bree's eyes widen in surprise as she realizes what Selena is referring to.

"Oh, her," Bree mutters, her voice trailing off. She hesitates for a moment before reluctantly admitting, "Yeah, I know her."

"Was Charlotte with you?" Selena asks, realizing that she invited her to the party because she has wanted to spend time with her.

Bree nods slightly, then says, "She was with me. She was the one who stopped Noah from doing more."

As those words leave Bree's lips, her eyes widen as she finally processes what Charlotte did to Noah. The memory of Noah's grip on her wrist, his rough hands squeezing with such force that she feared her bones might break, flashes back into her mind. Then, Charlotte appears by her side, gripping Noah's wrist without hesitation. It must have been painful for him to fall onto his knees, tears welling in his eyes.