Prom Time!

I smiled as I stood at my locker. It was around prom and I was thinking about who I would go with if I were asked. There were a couple guys I'd say yes to. I was a freshman so if I wasn't asked I wouldn't be able to go, so I didn't have to much hope. Suddenly someone snapped me back to reality.

     "Hey, Aph," A deep voice said. I smiled as I turned around to see Aaron.

     "Hey," I hugged him and smiled. 

     "You run track, right?" He asked.

     "Yeah," I smiled.

     "Ok, I just couldn't remember," He said smiling. 

     "Ok..? Well, I got to get to class," I said giving him a small hug.

     "Alright, bye," He said. I waved and walked briskly down the hallway. Why did he ask me that? Whatever, I need to get to class.

     When classes were over I went to the gym to change in the locker room. I got into my track clothes and walked out to the field. Some people were already stretching or just sitting talking. I smiled as I saw Aaron standing talking with Katelyn. I walked up to them and sat down to stretch.

     "Hey," I said stretching.

      "Hey, Aphmau," Katelyn smiled with the kind of smiled that meant she knew something I didn't. I looked at her suspiciously and she just looked over to Aaron.

      "Hey, Aph," He smiled. Just an innocent smile, unlike Katelyn's smile. 

      "I'll be right back," Katelyn said backing up. I shrugged and got up. He was looking at me with a caring look I hadn't seen before.

      "Aphmau," He said looking into my eyes.

      "Yes?" I said looking back up into his deep black ones.

      "Will you go to p-prom?" He asked smiling nervously.

      "Yes!" I smiled. I hugged him and he held me close to his chest. 

      After track he drove me home. When we got there I softly kissed his cheek and got out.