Chapter 25: I Need U

The party was filled with classical music in the background where everyone had gathered at different spots, discussing their current jobs. Some of them were investors, financial planners, and clients, whereas most of them are leaders of their own companies. They had to look professional in front of them, but for the two best friends, they don't seem to mind. They were standing by the counters and had refreshments there, observing every one of them in awe.

"Kind of overwhelming to see these formal people, especially older ones. They are intimidating," Bryan said thoughtfully.

"A personal life is a personal business," Valerie stated.

Bryan agreed, then whistled. "I've got to use the washroom."

"Go ahead," Valerie said, drinking the last bits of red wine and handed the empty glass to the bartender guy. After she glanced back, her reaction became alarmed when she noticed a Raidven member speaking directly to an EXEL member on the second floor near the glass railing. "Why are they all there? Wait a minute. That's the lawyer I confronted before..."

She sucked her breath in and began to scurry between the guests, excusing herself and apologizing to them. Then, she backed a little from the glasses of wine in the tray until she bumped into a man behind her. "Sorry...!"

She turned around to face him as her eyes widened a little in surprise and stammered. "J-Jiyoo...?"

Jiyoo raised an eyebrow blankly and asked her in speculation. "You alright?"

"Yeah! I'm good. Where is your fiancé?" Valerie wondered as her eyes were concentrated calmly on the three men upstairs.

"She went to the washroom to do some retouch-ups," Jiyoo answered simply.

"I see," Valerie nodded and smiled at him. "Anyway... I think-"

The background music suddenly starts to change into a classical upbeat romantic song, much to her bewilderment and looks around to see many guests joining the dance floor.

"Do you want to?" Jiyoo queried.

"Um... okay," Valerie murmured shyly and saw his hand being held out in front of her. She made a courtesy move like the other women and the two of them intertwined their hands, dancing rhythmically to the music. She twirled slowly, then leaned down gently while she was staring into Jiyoo's eyes that were gazing back at her. Her heart stopped for a moment when she started to notice how magnificent they were.

Jiyoo, on the other hand, was also captivated by her beautiful brown pupils that were lit up by the lights. Everything became stillness between them when he pulled her up slowly in a standing position, not breaking eye contact with her.

They both were swaying back and forth while Valerie leaned in forward onto his shoulder, trying to hide the pink tinge on her cheeks.

"Babe," a familiar voice called out, startling them to let go of each other.

Jiyoo and Valerie turned their heads towards the girl, who looked at them in puzzlement.

"Chia," he whispered.

"Ahem... I guess your partner hasn't come back yet. Let's go," she said urgently and kept her unwanted gaze towards Valerie, then quickly smiled at Jiyoo happily.

He nodded in agreement and walked away with his fiancé to meet their friends.

Valerie, on the other hand, was watching them in the distance with a frown and went to the table to check her purse. She opened her phone and saw four messages and two missed calls from Bryan.

"Val...! You won't believe what I just heard from the men's washroom. Yori and Kevin Wu are planning to kill Jiyoo right during his speech! We got to do something!" He exclaimed through text. "I'm on the other side of the balcony, following the sniper to the other building. Don't worry about me."

Valerie widened her eyes in bewilderment as soon as the music stopped and everyone sat back down on their tables. Mr. Park stepped in front of the microphone, tapping lightly and clearing his throat.

"How is everyone doing?" He asked.

"Good!" They responded gleefully in unison.

"Alright. Looks like you've had fun on the dance floor. No matter, you'll have another one later. As of now, I would like to make an announcement. For twenty five years, I never would have imagined that Fairview Park Corporations would gradually expand up to this day with more assets being provided and lots of investments occurring here. The projects have been successful and well-executed. I couldn't be more proud of one person, who is very dedicated to his work and took full responsibility as a leader. Please welcome my son to the stage; Park Jiyoo," he stated, gesturing him forward when everyone started to applaud.

Jiyoo bowed down to them and walked up onto the ramp, then was patted twice on the shoulder by his father.

Valerie stood up and excused herself again. She hid in the corner and put a wireless earpiece on the right, activating the power that was now blinking. She whispered while cupping the side of her face quietly. "I'm here."

"Okay, good. I'll let you know once they start," Bryan informed.

"Right..." Valerie murmured softly when she hovered her anxious gaze on the young CEO, who was smiling back at the audience.

She prayed to herself in her mind, hoping that she and Bryan are capable of protecting him from a danger that is about to surface.