𝐓𝐖𝐎

THE REST OF THE WEEK went by in a breeze and before Emberly knew it, it was already Saturday. That afternoon she was walking down the steps, carrying her gym bag over her shoulder as he headed into the kitchen. 

She had just gotten done packing her bag to go spend the day with Olivia at her house. Olivia lived a block from her house and she could have just walked to her house but Olivia was still picking her up and there were no complaints from Emberly.

In the kitchen already was Mark and Jessica seated at the counter as their housekeeper Lana placed a plate down in front of him. Jessica had hired a housekeeper about a year or two after they had moved here. The girls were in their pre-teens and both her and Mark were working and weren't at the house a lot so she hired Lana to help around. She had been with them for a couple years and was close to family to them. 

"Do you want lunch?" Jessica asks looking over at her. 

"No. Olivia's picking me up, I'll just have something at her place." Emberly tells her.

"Is your sister up? Is she going with you?" Mark asks.

"Nope." Emberly shakes her head, "She's at Layla's. I think she'll be there later." Emberly tells him as a car horn is heard outside.

"Okay. Have fun." Jessica tells her.

Emberly quickly said her goodbyes and then left out the kitchen and out the door. Olivia's car was parked in the front of her driveway when she stepped outside. She walked over to the Baker girl's car and got on the passenger side.  

"You could have just walked you know." Olivia tells her, pulling out of the driveway as Emberly tosses her bag in the backseat. 

"Firstly you were already out and secondly LA heat is no joke. Finally, you love being my  personal Lyft driver  beause you love me with all your heart." Emberly says smiling at her friend. 

"Nope." Olivia shakes her head.

"You have broken my heart." Emberly dramatically falls back in her seat causing Olivia to laugh at her.

The Baker girl cleared her throat glancing over at Emberly. "So... can I asked you something?" 

"Depending on what. I'm guessing by the look on your face, and the throat clearing, it is something bad, maybe." Emberly assumes. 

"It's not bad. It's about Spencer." Olivia tells her. 

Emberly straightens up in her seat looking at Olivia, her brows knitted downward. She wondered what and why Olivia was asking about Spencer. "Go ahead." Emberly slowly nods her head.

"So, is there anything more to that?" Olivia asks.

"Oh, god. No." Emberly slumps in her seat dragging out the O. She should have known this question was coming, yet it was also the question she least expected to be asked. She refused to believe her friend was hopping on that train.

"I mean you guys just don't seem like friends. You sure you're not a couple? You know secretly dating convincing everyone you're just friends?" Olivia asks which then caused Emberly to start laughing at what she said.

"The only secret relationship I have is between me and my latest TV boy crush. Friends? Yes.  Couple? No. And how can you assume that we're dating, you only just meant him." Emberly says.

It was one many things people asked when they seen her and Spencer around. They had gotten asked that question many times. Emberly didn't see whatever heart emojis or pixie love dust that people saw around her and Spencer. They had been friends since they were little and still were and that's all they would be.