Preface

I am standing in front of the mirror with a knife in my hand. It is placed at my wrist. Slowly blood starts trickling down. I look at it. I don't want to live anymore! I can't live anymore at least not without him!

Looking at the mirror is actually giving me the strength to do what I want to. I can see what I've become without him-what I've done to myself. I'm nothing but a living corpse right now. My once, Silky black hair, now can't be distinguished apart from a crows nest. My brown eyes are hidden behind the bloodshot red that is the result of crying all the time. I've grown so thin that I could be compared to a stick. Why live if I have to live like this? Why live if all it does is give trouble to me and those who love me? It is best, I let go. Atleast when I'm seven feet under, everyone can take a breath of relief.

I cut my hand in one swift movement and then the other.

I can hear my family banging on the door. They want to come in. They have no idea what I have done. I have no desire to be saved. I'm not going to let them save me!

The last image in my mind is his, smiling and gazing at me with eyes full of love. He is saying something that I can't hear. His voice is much too low. I listen hard. I feels like I'm drowning and I can't break-through the surface.

"Live!" He says. "You must live, for me!"

"But I want to be with you. Let me come, please! I can't bear the pain anymore. I miss you"

"You must and you will! Get up and live your life!"

 I can't deny him. I will have to live. Struggling, I get up from where I lay, and walk towards the door. I open it. I faint.