~16~

Canada POV

He thanked her and left the room, leaving me and Ukraine alone...together. I begin to eat my food and it taste wonderful.

'God bless the Italian people for inventing amazing foods......well except I heard the pasta noodles actually came from China during the 13th century, so bless them too' I thought while eating the pasta noodles covered with red tomato sauce.

I can tell Ukraine likes her food too. I couldn't help but blush at the way Ukraine eats & drinks, it's stunning and very lady like. Okay why the heck I'm thinking like Austria now. All classy like manners. Even though I may be polite, but I'm not like him.

"Um so...Ukraine" I said calling out to her, not making this awkward of the room being silence and watching her eat.

"Yes Canada?" She ask.

I took a deep breath. "Are you worried for your siblings?"

She looked at me with concern in her eyes and sighed with sadness in her tone. "Of course. They're my little brother and sister after all, since the day they were born representing two new countries in this world over way hundreds years ago."

Just then, I notice a single tear rolled down her face. I knew this is going to happened, since everyone knows she's a cryer who cares for her siblings. I took a tissue from the box that's next to me and handed it to her. She took the tissue from my fingers and wipe the tear away.

"I-I j-just want them to be h-happy. I know it's going b-be hard for Belarus since s-she also likes your b-brother too" Ukraine whimpered feeling shaken though her body.

"Sadly I know, but I'm sure she'll find someone else love someday" I said quietly.

"I agree Canada, there's plenty of good people out there in this world that would love and cherish her till the end. I know it's also going to be hard too if Natalia soulmate is a human, since we all know humans don't last long in their life. They don't live forever like us."

Sadly it's true, we're countries after all. Actual living countries.

I nodded. "That happen with Alfred before."

"Really? He fell in love with a human. Who?"

I took another deep breath. "Her name was Amelia Earhart, she was one of my brother's people who was the first female aviator to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. She's was Alfred's true love."

Ukraine's head perked up. "Oh yeah, I remember hearing about her a while ago under American Hisory."

"He was devastated when he found out about her disappearance which was declared dead for her."

"Wow...that must been really hard for him" Ukraine sniffled.

"It was, me and my sister Mexico help him through this and that bomber jacket he usually wears all the time is actually's Amelias" I explained.

"Really? That's so sweet of her. She always be in his heart" Ukraine said as she started to get all teary eyes, same with me too.

"I know, she gave it to him before Amelia's disappearance. America wears it to always remember her by one of most greatest women on earth, a good friend, and his one true love" I said as more tears streamed down my face.

"T-That's so b-beautiful Canada"Ukraine whimpered as I agreed with her.

I sat up still in my hospital bed as Ukraine swoop down and gave me a huge hug as we cried together.

"I-I'm so s-sorry t-that happened" Ukraine cried softly in my ear.

"It's a-alright, s-she's in a b-better place" I replied.

We were in this position for about five minutes until we let go and calming down from all the crying we went.

"I wish for my brother Russia to love your brother in a way he truly cares with all his heart, not forcing him to love him, because that's not true love at all" Ukraine explained.

"Me too..." I answered softly.

We continued to eat the food that Italy got for us earlier. Sooner or later, I started to feel really tired for the night. I lay down on the pillow of the bed and slowly shut my eyes close, not before feeling soft warm lips on my cheek with a beautiful whisper,

"Goodnight Canada..."

I went into a deep sleep with a warmth in my chest as my heart once again skip a beat with love inside.

'I love you Ukraine...' I thought while sleeping.