Burgers and Fries

I woke with a start when I felt someone nudging me by the shoulders. Harshly at that. I turned and squinted my eyes to look at the person disturbing me from my precious sleep when I saw that it was Jho who was staring expectantly at me and looking pissed off over something.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"3 AM na. Kailangan ko nang umuwi." she answered in a whisper.

I didn't bother answering because I'm still really sleepy. I turned my back on her again and tried to go back to my slumber.

"Bea, tumayo ka diyan!" she nudged at me again.

"Inaantok pa 'ko..." I groaned.

"Ihatid mo 'ko pauwi hoy!"

I still didn't move. I realized that I'm still naked and the sheet is too comfortable for me to get up to do what she wants. "Why don't you just book Grab or get a taxi? I need to rest."

"Mahirap na kumuha ng sasakyan ng ganitong oras. Delikado na din umuwi magisa. Anong gusto mo, ma-rape ako? Tumayo ka na diyan!"

She started pulling at my sheets and I tried to pull it back but she was so determine that I had no choice but to get up and give her the attention that she wants.

"You're so dramatic." I complained with my eyes still half-shut. I only had 2 hours of sleep. "Istorbo ka sa pagtulog ko eh."

Jho smacked me hard with a pillow and I must admit that it kind of woke me up for real. She's always so barbaric.

"Kapal ng mukha mo ha. Pagkatapos mong pagsawaan 'tong katawaan ko ni hindi ka man lang magpaka-gentlewoman diyan at ihatid ako? Kapag ako nainis hindi ka na makakaulit!"

I only rolled my eyes at her and covered myself with the sheet once again. We may be sex partners but I still find it awkward that we're staring at each other with me being naked while she's fully clothed.

"Sus, as if you didn't enjoy it? Halos puro ako nga ang gumagalaw sa ating dalawa. Nakahiga ka lang diyan like the pillow princess that you are."

"Eh gago ka pala eh." she lunged the pillow at me again but I managed to swipe it away with my arm. "Sino bang bigla na lang tatawag diyan at manunundo sa dorm dahil may na-mimiss daw siya? Yung thesis ko nga hindi ko pa natapos dahil inuna ko pa yang init mo sa katawan. Kapag ako hindi mo ihatid kalimutan mo na talaga 'tong sexy time mo!"

"Oo na. Dami mo naman sinasabi. Ihahatid na po, mahal na prinsesa!"

I went to my closet to get dress so I can drive her back to her dorm. I purposely took my time looking for something to wear just to spite her. She was miraculously quiet and I had to spare her a look to make sure that she hasn't convulsed in irritation only to find her playing candy crush on her phone.

I rolled my eyes again and had to laugh silently at her cuteness.

We were on the road and I had to admit that it was already so dark that it wouldn't be safe if I let her go home by herself. She still wasn't talking and I've been glancing at her to make sure that she's alright. Maybe I got on her nerve so much that she decided that she didn't want to do anything with me.

That thought kind of distressed me for some reason.

"Nagugutom ako." she announced suddenly while we were waiting for the traffic light to turn green.

I reached for the compartment under my dashboard and found a box of raisins to give to her.

She stared at it as if she couldn't believe it. She then gave me a nasty look. "Seryoso ka ba? Hindi ako mabubusog nito!"

I sighed, "Okay, what do you want?"

"Mcdo. Gusto ko mag-Mcdo!"

I didn't brother protesting. I think it's best not to piss her off anymore that she already was. I cruised through the highway where I know a 24-hour Macdonald's chain is open. I ordered by the drive-thru without asking her what she wanted 'cause I already know. She always order the same thing anyway.

"Say ahhh," she said to me when we were back on the road on the way to her dorm.

"Ahhh." I opened my mouth willingly while she fed me the fries.

I was kind of surprised though, when she offered her burger next as if I was a kid that needed feeding.

"Jho, what do you think you're doing?"

"Sinusubuan ka. Masama ba?"

Not really but I don't know, her gesture felt kind of intimate and she knows too well that I don't do intimate. I was just confused.

"You don't have to do that, you know? I can eat by myself." I said and reached for the fries to make my point.

"Sungit!"

Jho was quiet again until we finally arrived at the dorm. I was expecting her to dash out because I think I pissed her off again with that burger thing but she was still sitting at the passenger seat of my car as if waiting for me to say something.

"Gusto mong pumasok muna para magkape?" she finally asked without looking at me.

I was almost tempted to take her offer but I really needed to go.

"Nope. I should probably get home before I get caught by the morning rush."

She rolled her eyes at me. "Eh di 'wag. Arte-arte nito."

"What's your problem? You're acting really weird and it's seriously creeping me out."

"Wala." she bit back and she sounded like I really offended her or something. "Sige na lumayas ka na at baka hindi kita matantya."

She got of out the car and gave me another nasty look.

"Manhid." I barely heard her say before she rudely closed my door.

That intrigued me and I had to roll down my window to call out to her. "Anong sinabi mo?"

"Wala!" she shouted back.

"No, you said I'm 'manhid'. Why?"

"Wala nga. Sige na, chupi!"

I decided to let it go and I watched her walk inside the dorm to make sure she gets in safe. She confused the hell out of me but I know there's a part of me that adored her.

She can call me all the nasty names and hit me with a pillow and I'd still find her cute. I don't know, maybe I may even have a little crush on her.

I sighed. Maybe I don't deserve someone like her and I think she hated my guts anyway for proposing that sex partner thing in the first place.

I probably don't stand a chance but, oh well.