Lies

BETTY POV

"Toni, what did you get on the AP Chemistry test?" I asked. We walked in the hallway together. We had AP English next together. We were both very tired and stressed from all of these tests. Jughead has let me be for the last couple days. He's so supportive.

"I got a 'B-'. It's a shame because I studied really hard. Anyways, what did you get?"

"I got an 'A'. I got a 95% to be exact. I've been studying really hard. We should study together sometime. You, me, and Jughead can all get together-"

"Jughead...I forgot that you two were a thing." Toni cut me off. She sounded a little bit annoyed. I just blew it off and kept talking.

"Well, yeah. We haven't really made it official but we really like each other and I'm going to ask him to be my boyfriend on Friday. It has almost been 3-weeks and I'm pretty sure that he wants it too." I smiled. Toni grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side. She sighed and I was so confused.

"I don't know how to tell you this...but he's playing you. Veronica tried to break into my room and long story short, he made a bet with Veronica. I'm so sorry, Betty."

"What? I can't believe this."

"I know. He is a jerk-"

"No, you! Is this because Cheryl broke up you? You're upset so you want me to be upset with you? What the heck, Toni?!" I shouted. Toni was taken aback and scoffed.

"No, of course not. I'm saying this because you're my friend. I've known Jughead Jones for years, he does this all the time. You think he likes you but he doesn't. I'm comparing personalities and...he hates you. He probably hates you more than anyone. I'm trying to tell you this so you don't have a broken heart by him-"

"No, Toni. The only person that has broken my heart is you. You're such a liar because I know he likes me. He doesn't hate me at all. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go find him. I don't care if I hear from you again." I said beginning to cry. I turned around and walked away from her. She must be jealous. Jughead isn't a bad person.