Chapter I 🦋

PAOLA'S POV

15 minutes had passed since I got home from work. I heard a car door slam outside of my house. Brian was just coming home from work. Fear overcame my body and a billion thoughts raced through my mind of anything I could have possibly done wrong. Brian opened the door, already having an angry glare upon his face.

"H-hey baby how was work?" I asked nervously, not sure of what his reaction would be.

"Where's my damn meal Paola?"

I felt my breath stop for a second. How could I be so dumb? I forgot to make his meal. I stood speechless knowing I had messed up big time.

Brian threw his things on the kitchen table causing a loud thud. He sighed loudly and brought his hands to his face.

Brian started walking slowly towards me "I go to work and work my ass off to pay the bills and you can't even make a damn meal?". I was walking backwards in hopes to reach my phone on the counter, instead running into the refrigerator not having anywhere else to go being that his body was less than an inch away from mine.

"I'm so sorry!" I cried out "I should have been more prepared baby please just let me fix it this won't ever hap-". My words were cut off by him shoving me onto the refrigerator door and picking me up by his hands gripping my throat tightly. I tried my best to escape, only causing him to get angrier. It wasn't until his phone started ringing that he finally let me go.

"Don't go anywhere I'm not done with you".

***

"He had every right to be upset with you Ms. Lopez. Your boyfriend already has a hard time at work and he comes home only for things to be worse?". Taralyn was right. How could I be so selfish? It's not like I have a life of my own to live anyways. Women are supposed to be slaves to their men, right? With no freedom whatsoever. Our happiness doesn't even matter it's all about what the man wants. This is just the way life goes huh?

I hesitated before speaking "Yes ma'am ,you're absolutely right. I'll make sure to do better next time."

Taralyn stood to her feet before motioning me out of the door. She whispered something to me that made me stop in my tracks "maybe if you gave it up to him it wouldn't be so hard for you".

This statement certainly surprised me because I had never mentioned anything about me and Brian's sex life... how did she know?