0.0

"What?" Rin yelled at his older brother, along with Shiemi whose jaw was dropped at the words Yukio had told them. 

"Are you serious, Yuki?" Shiemi asked. Yukio nodded.

"We leave today. Rin, if you are late, Shiemi and I are leaving without you." Yukio warned Rin. 

"Finally! We get to leave this damned town! For how long?" Rin question excitedly.

"Six weeks." Yukio answered, and pushed up his glasses. "You may want to start packing now, Rin. You don't want to be late. It is today, after all."

"Uh, yeah! I'll get right on that!" And with that, Rin ran back to him dorm yelling happily at the news. Shiemi blushed at Rin's adorableness. 

"I never even told him where we were going." Yukio sighed and started walking towards Rin's dorm.

青の祓魔師

"Hey, Yukio!" Rin greeted as him brother entered his room.

"Yeah, you didn't give me enough time to finish. We're going to America." Yukio informed Rin. "New York City to be exact."

Rin's smile widened and jumped around and did a small dance. "I'm going to America! Hell yeah!" He screamed. Yukio laughed and slowly left the room.

"Hey Yukio, are we goin- Yukio?" He said once he realized his brother had left the room.

青の祓魔師

Meanwhile... 

"Minori! Get back here, you bitch!" Minori's father yelled as Minori, a waitress at a small diner in New York City, ran for her life. Her long, dark red hair flew as she ran. She hadn't given her father her tips for the day.

She ran into an ally and watched as her father ran passed her. She sighed and continued to walk down the ally. She saw a tiny black kitten and picked it up. It meowed and Minori chuckled.

"What're doing her all alone. Awe, you're so cute." She scrunched up her nose and smiled.

She walked back to her hotel room. She didn't have enough money to pay for an apartment, so she rented a room until she could save up enough.

青の祓魔師

"We're here," Yukio told Rin and Shiemi as they walked to their hotel room. 

"Eh, it's not as nice, but it's okay," Rin complained.

"It's as good as it gets in this city, Rin," Yukio told him.

"Yeah, at least we're here together!" Shiemi smiled.

Rin hummed in response.

青の祓魔師

Minori walked to her room and as she tried unlocking the door, she dropped her keys. She set the kitten on the ground and it instantly ran.

"No!" Minori yelled as she chased after it. It ran into an unknown room, and Minori walked towards it.

Once she got to the room, she saw a boy about the same age as her, 18, holding the feline.

She cleared her throat and he looked up.

"Oh, is this your cat?" He asked softly.

"Uh, yeah." Minori blushed slightly.

"Sorry, um, here." He said as he handed it to her.

"Thanks. I-I'm Minori." She introduced herself.

"I'm Rin, nice to meet you," he smiled.

"Um, I'll go now, I guess." Minori said.

"Uh, yeah. I'll see you around, Minori." He smiled. She walked towards the door, and left.

Rin closed the door and whispered "Wow."

青の祓魔師

Once Rin closed the door behind Minori, she whispered "Wow."