𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 𝓖𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼.

"Nyx you slut!"

"Hey, hey, hey easy with that shit!!"

"I told you EXPLICITLY to throw that thing away! Why on God's Earth do you still have it?!"

Ishtar's close friends Nyx and Ataksak were arguing about an "object" that had been stolen by Nyx. Said object belonged to Amon; a Duke or something from the demon world.

Nyx was the deity of night, meaning everything belonging to the darkness were her domain of rule. And on one of her nightly check ups, Nyx found, laying on the dirt in some remote forest, an unusual object. Unusual was also a word to describe Nyx, and so she had picked it up and brought it back to show her friends.

"Oh bullshit! I found it, I keep it!"

"Ata's right Nyx, that thing could be dangerous for us", chimed in Wuriupranili with a worried expression on her face.

"Good Lord, not you too!!"

The deity in question, Ataksak, was the ruler of the sky. She commanded all that came above or under the sky and was the oldest amongst the girls. She was the more responsible and disciplined of the four, as she always had her hands full with making right all the tasks her friends made wrong. Ishtar had her keep an eye out for Nyx, since she had a kingdom to run and Ataksak knew how to handle Nyx very well.

The last of their quartet was Wuriupranili, a solar deity whose torch was the sun itself. As her title suggested, she commanded the day and everything that the sun would touch. She was the youngest, yet not as playful or mischievous as Nyx or Ishtar! This deity mostly took care of the affairs of the palace, apart from working as ruler of the sun. Currently, she was sitting on a lavish, burgundy sofa; enjoying her elders acting like a bunch of school girls.

"You're not exactly in any place to tell me to do anything. Remember the time Ishtar stole Faustus' sword and also tricked him into thinking his wife threw it away!", Nyx said matter-of-factly.

"She has point", Wuriupranili joined in with a tired demeanor.

"She didn't STEAL anything!
She needed someone to take care of that cult problem. And as far as tricking him is concerned, he did fall for it and she even convinced him that she'll help him find the sword if he got rid of that cult of lunatics!", Ataksak replied as she flung her hands above her head.

Meanwhile, Wuriupranili tried so very hard to not let her laugh escape  but alas! She couldn't help it and ended up rolling on the floor in fits of laughter.

"Oh real mature."

The doors flung open and in flew Tiberius. The scene in front of him caught him off guard - two of the graces stood glaring at their younger friend, who was laughing her head off on the floor.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything...", spoke the confused eagle.
"I've got terrible news!"

This statement seemed to put an end to the comic atmosphere, the dark object long forgotten about for the time. Three pairs of eyes, filled with interest were suddenly on him.

"What is it?", Nyx was the first to speak.

"Dracula!! He's slaughtering humans on Earth!!"

The three gasped!

"Oh dear..."

"Does Ishtar know of this?"

"Yes, I'm coming straight from her office."

The Graces all exchanged worried looks. This was bad. They had held a meeting with the council about this issue and if the last decision led to this mayhem, then they were all in a lot of trouble with the elders.

"I'm going to find Ishtar, then we'll work out what we have to do", Nyx spoke as she began to walk outside.

However, her steps stopped as Ishtar ran inside before she could go any further.

"Ishtar we -"

"Not now! I'm going to talk to Dracula."

Silence.

"You're going to do WHAT?", Ataksak exclaimed loudly as she took Ishtar by the arms and looked into her eyes for any sign of mischief. Alas, she found none.

"Listen, I know this sounds stupid -"

"LIKE HELL!"

"- but I think if I threaten him enough he'll stop -"

"OH! What are you going to say, huh? Stop the war or I'll make you?!"

"Ata-"

"Don't Ata me! Do you even know what you're saying? Do you have any idea of the trouble we got ourselves into?"

"Will you please just listen to me?! I know we're going to be questioned about why we let this slide before, and I know we should've taken action when we had the chance but what choice do we have now?"

The room fell silent again. There was truth in what Ishtar said, as much as they hated to admit it, they were at a dead end. And there was no turning back now.

"We will be questioned in any case. So what do you plan to tell the elders?"

"The truth."

"The truth?"

"Yes. I will admit I messed up because I didn't think a grieving man would resort to such lengths."

"A grieving man? They won't buy it! Dracula is NOT a man!! He's killed countless times before and everyone took a blind eye to that, we've been making the same mistakes over and over again. This time I doubt the elders will let this slide."

"He had been laying low after that incident with the merchants, I assumed he had given up murder. But the elders might want to take matters into their own hands and I can't let that happen. We can't afford another civil war."

"You're right about that."

"So what's the big plan?", Nyx spoke.

"I'm going to record how much damage he has done thus far, then I'm heading to his castle. Once there I will present him with two choices; either he stop the carnage or we declare war on the vampires."

"Sounds fair", Nyx concluded.

"But you said we couldn't afford another war", Wuriupranili spoke with concern.

"Not amongst ourselves, but with any other enemy we are more than prepared."

Ataksak sighed, rubbing her temples she spoke again, "Fine. Have it your way. But what if we fail again."

"I promise. We won't."

"Do you need our help?"

"Don't I always? I need Wuriupranili to count the damage uptil now, Ataksak you have to make sure this news doesn't reach the council and if the elders ask, you'll have to handle them. Nyx, you and I will head to the demon realm to meet with our two friends."

"Got it!", Nyx smiled.

"I'll get right to it!", Wuriupranili rushed to collect data.

"I guess we don't have a choice", Ataksak sighed.

"Good, I'll take care of everything else."

Ishar was determined to end this mess once and for all, she wasnt going to let her misjudgement stain her reputation as a ruler. Nor was she going to stand another riot amongst her people. She knew she had made a mistake. Enough with games, no more living souls will suffer the wrath of a madman who couldn't handle his grief.

She walked alongside her friend Nyx as they prepared themselves for their travel to the demon realm. She was confident she could finish this off before the rest of her council got involved.

If only she had known, how everything would go downhill the second she'd step foot in his court. There would be no salvation for her. She would be left to choose, torn in between what was right and what felt right. Either way, whatever she chose...

She would lose.