Chapter One- She's Okay

Paige. I see her struggling to move. I am so stupid. Why did I trust Peter he always has an ulterior motive. Just as I get to her the werewolf runs away. She had already been bitten.

“Paige.” I whisper scared that I will break her in the fragile state “Paige. It’ll be okay.”

“Derek” Paige says softly.

“It’s okay I’ll take you to my home. You will be safe. Okay”

“Okay” I pick her up and soon she is asleep in my arms.

↠↠↠

I kick the door open to my house and run up the stairs to my room. I close the door with my foot, and sit on my bed. Her leaning on my chest. The only thing stopping me from breaking down in tears is the constant beat of her heart, indicating the fact that she is alive.

Of ten minutes of just listening to her heart beat I set her on my bed so I can clean her wound. I can’t let anything happen to her. I’ll never forgive myself. Gabbing a giant bandage I put it over her bite. I lie back down setting her back down on my chest. Her eyes flutter open. “Derek?”

“Shhh Paige don’t waste your energy.”

“Derek I knew.”

“What do you mean?”

“I knew you’re a werewolf.” Her heart beat is steady but I can feel mine beating fast that the flash.

“How?” I manage to get out

“The way you speak, how you can hear better than anyone, smell better than anyone, the way you say 'catch a scent.'” She takes a breath “I knew.”

“You didn’t want to leave? You didn’t care?”

“Why would I?” This girl is perfect. She is not a girl, she’s the girl. She falls back to sleep.

“I love you.” I whisper when I know she is asleep.

↠↠↠

I stay up all night. listening to her heart beat. Peter walks into the room.

“What do you want?” I ask with the hatred smothering my voice.

“To see if you’re okay. It is 4am”

“I don’t care. Please leave.” He walks out of my room without another word.

↠↠↠

Paige’s eyes flutter open due to the light streaming through the curtains.

“How do you feel?” I ask worried for her answer. But it doesn't come.

“Did you stay up the whole night?”

“Please just answer my question” I say getting a little annoyed at her stubborness.

“Not until you answer mine.” She smiles like she has already won.

“Paige please this is for your health.” I try to reason.

“So is mine.” I get an idea. I bend head down and kiss her. Turning her around and placing my hands on her hips. She reacts quickly putting her hands on my shoulders. Braking off the kiss early I ask “So answer my question how do you feel?” I ask knowing she can see the concern in my eyes she doesn’t argue.

“I feel great.” She finally answers my question. “Did you sleep last night?” She asks now the concern is in her eyes.

“No.” I answer truthly. Just on cue her stomach rumbles.

“I’ll make you some breakfast” I say as I get up to leave.

What do we have to eat? We have eggs and bacon. I remember her saying that she likes scrambled eggs and bacon. As I turn on the stove and place the bacon in, my mum walks into the room. Noticing that i’m scrambling the eggs and having twice the amount of bacon she asks.

“Why so much food?” not even bothering to turn around I answer.

“Paige got bitten last night I took her here so I can look after her”

“How is she then?”

“she’ll be fine, I just need to check the bite.”

“Okay.” with that she walks over to make coffee and we spend the rest of the time in silence.

Placing the food on plates I grab some extra toast for me since I don’t like scrambled eggs.

“I made scrambled eggs.” say placing them in front of her too eat.

“Thanks.”

We’re almost finish by the time she says “So this is your room?”

“Yeah.” I reply i’m finished my food but she still has a couple scoops of eggs to go.

“It’s pretty dark.”

“I guess it is.” she swallows the last bit of eggs.

“Can i check the bite?”

“Okay.” she lifts up her shirt just over the bandage.

“This might hurt a little”I say. She just nods. As  I start to rip it off but I stop when I see her pain in her eyes. I don’t want to see her in pain what do I do? I kiss her still ripping off the bandage. She kisses me back and doesn’t seem  to notice the bandage is gone. I pull back and lift up the bandage.

“Your very good at getting me not to notice pain” I just smirk in reply.

“It’s healed we should talk about this but I think you should get home, do you have a friend that you can say you were sleeping over at?” She looks slightly disappointed.

“Kath’s parents are out of town she’ll probably lie for me.”

“Great I’ll walk with you. The outskirts of town are pretty dangerous.”

___________

Yay my frist chapter. Is it okay.

If you can make a better fount cover please do so.

I'm going to have another story about Katniss and Gale and I have another story about werewolves so be sure to read that.

I'm going to shamelessly plug myself. Follow me on:

Instergram myster_girl._

tumblr living-in-a-pack