one

Jennie was mad, she was furious and it was mostly at herself. She knew the rules of the game and yet here she was falling face first. She had voluntarily agreed to this arrangement, he had not in any way pressured her into it and she was the one, the one nursing her heart as he chipped it little by little.

At first it was nothing, they met up whenever they were both free of schedules and just spent a night of passionate love making with absolutely no strings attached. It was convenient for them as Jennie wasn't ready for a relationship and he was still too hung up over his ex to move on. They were ridiculously attracted to each other though and after a drunk one night stand at an awards show after party she found herself agreeing to this ridiculous arrangement when he proposed it. It would be a way to get him out of her system, she had thought then. Only if she knew how wrong she would be.

It wasn't just the mind-blowing sex that made her want to stay though. It was the part that came after when she lay nestled against his side, her head on his chest and his arm around her waist as they talked about anything and everything, from their deepest and darkest desires to something asminiscule as whether she preferred dipping her chicken into sauce or pouring the sauce over it. She loved the warmth of his body and the way his chest vibrated from mirth underneath her every time she said something lame or funny. She could never get enough of it and it was the same for him as he kept on coming back to her.

But all of that ended as soon as the crack of dawn entered through the curtains and she woke up alone in bed every single time. They went back to acting like they were strangers, just greeting each other with polite 'hellos' whenever they bumped into each other backstage. At first it didn't bother her but as time went on she began to miss the heat of his body when she woke up to a cold bed in the morning. She was falling deeper and deeper into this hole and she knew she had to salvage whatever was left of her dignity and her heart before he shattered her beyond repair.

Jennie marched onto the abandoned terrace, her heels clacking against the marble as she tried to keep her tears at bay; she wasn't quite ready to breakdown in front of anyone else. She could hear the sound of footsteps behind her and she quickened her pace.

"Jennie wait!" His voice reached her before he did.

She ignored him and marched up to the railing, knowing there was no way out of it unless she jumped which did look appealing she wasn't going to lie.

She had to come clean and she had to end this. Once and for all.

Her knuckles had turned white from grabbing the railings too hard and she could feel the warmth radiating from his body before she felt him as he grabbed her forearm and turned her around to face him. His grip wasn't harsh but it wasn't entirely gentle either.

His tone however was another story and she involuntarily flinched, refusing to look up at him. "Jennie? What the hell is wrong with you?!? What was that out there?"

She squirmed in his grip as he put his other arm on the railing beside her and caged her in. "Let go of me, Kai. You're hurting me."

He saw the pained expression on her face and the way her skin had begun to redden under his grip and realization dawned on him. He immediately let go but still kept her caged in between his arms. "I'm so sorry baby," he said bringing her body closer to his.

Jennie knew where this was headed and it was now or never. Keep her silence and stay getting used as a rebound or end this for good.

"I can't keep doing this." Her voice came out shakier than she intended for it to come out as she placed her palms on his chest to try and maintain some space between them.