04 | batman and robin

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Sage had spent the whole week babysitting Scott, making sure he didn't kill anyone or get killed by hunters.

In return, they got Derek arrested. Sage was baffled by the sheer idiocy of the two teen boys. They repeatedly refused the only people trying to help them, thinking they could handle it all on their own.

And as Sage watched Scott almost wolf out during a lacrosse game, she knew they couldn't.

She shook her head and approached the locker room once again, expecting to see a mangled corpse on the floor. Allison walked out, smiling at Sage as she passed, causing Sage to raise an eyebrow at the girl. She was surprised she was even alive.

"She kissed me." Scott said and a smile crept onto his face.

"Saw that too." Stiles nodded. "Pretty good, huh?"

"I - I - I don't know how, but I controlled it. I pulled it back. Maybe I can do this. Maybe it's not that bad."

"Yeah, heh. We'll talk later, then." Stiles pressed his lips together.

"What?" Scott asked, the smile dropping from his face.

"The, uh, medical examiner looked at the other half of the body we found."

"And?" Scott urged him to go on.

"Well, I'll keep it simple. Medical examiner determines killer of girl to be animal, not human. Derek's human, not animal. Derek not killer. Derek let out of jail."

"Are you kidding?"

"No, and here's a bigger kick in the ass." Stiles put his hand on his hip. "My dad I.D.'d the dead girl. Both halves. Her name was Laura Hale."

"Hale?" Scott raised his eyebrows.

"Derek's sister." Sage said, stepping into the boys line of sight and grabbing their shoulders. "Now, you two morons are gonna start listening to me from now on, because if you don't, I'll go the Argents myself and tell them all about you."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Leaned against the side of her black motorcycle, Sage tapped her pleather boots against the concrete to the beat of Paint It, Black by the Rolling Stones.