11 | manipulation game

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *.' .* :☆゚. ───

The game of manipulation is a complicated one. It's often one sided and toxic. It's one person digging their claws into the other's brain and making them their puppet.

In this case, Peter thought he had full control over Sage. He had no idea he was the one getting played.

Sitting on the kitchen counter, Sage swung her feet back and forth and watched as Peter paced around her apartment.

"So are you gonna tell me what you know now?" Sage asked, a slight irritation in her tone.

The two had known each other long enough that Peter knew Sage wouldn't let people see her being weak, that she would act as if she weren't broken.

Which worked perfectly fine for Sage, because that meant she didn't have to act weak and sad all the time.

Peter stopped pacing and looked at her, examining her for a few moments. He turned on his heel and walked over to her, stopping in front of her knees.

"Since I want to be absolutely sure, I need you to show me a few things first." Peter smirked and ran his hands up her bare thighs before pushing her legs open and standing between them.

Sage ignored the heat in the pit of her stomach and straightened her back. "Like what?"

Peter gazed up at her, staring directly into her eyes and flashing his own red ones. By instinct, due to Peter being an alpha, Sage flashed her own eyes, revealing a bright lilac colour.

Sage unconsciously moved forward on the counter, minimizing the space between them.

Peter lifted one hand to her chin and tilted her head toward him, running his thumb gently along her bottom lip, causing her mouth to fall open.

Sage growled at the sudden pain of him digging his claws into her thigh, exposing her 'other' teeth as well as her claws.

Her top row of teeth contained two sets of fangs: one set of long ones, and a set of shorter ones inside the first set. The bottom row was all short and pointy fangs.

Peter glanced down at her claws, which were truly more like talons. In Stiles' words, talons of death.

Sage retracted her claws and fangs and watched as Peter seemed to be contemplating something.

She was about to say something when Peter grabbed her by the waist and yanked her off the counter. She landed on her feet and looked up at him.