Beginning-Vinayak's

Vinayak Bhavesh Brijraj. Born on November 17th 1995 2 months premature,weighing a 3 pounds 5 ounces.

Immediately after his birth, the doctors realised that Vinayak's  breathing was not at the rate of a preemie should have, it was close to nothing. Henceforth instead of allowing his mother to have a moment with him or for his family members to at least get a glimpse, he was taken for a screening to see exactly what was happening immediately.

As it turn out, Vin was born with Congenital Heart Disease which is a condition that can drastically affect the structure and development of the heart and the way it works . It affects the blood flow through the heart and through the rest of the body. CHD can either be a a tiny puncture in the heart or a missing part or a poorly developed part of the heart.

Because of this situation, Vinayak was promised to go home at 3 months old with a year to live or spend a fraction of his life in the hospital whilst going through different surgeries at different stages of his life as both were a risk to his life. However due to how costly his meds and surgeries were, he was abandoned by his family and was literally forced to live in the hospital... The nurses and doctors on the other hand couldn't bear to let him suffer so they operated on him free of charge and allowed him to stay in the neonatal, then to the children's ward and further into the general ward where he met me, Shyra Maharaj, his 'Lady Godiva' and his will to survive (as he repeatedly quotes)