Chapter Three

Here's the next and last chapter I'm posting for today lol. Next one I'll post like Sunday or something. Hope y'all like it!

*********************

"Nessie, my dad's been ignoring me since the interrogation a few days ago and it's bothering me." I whined as Nessie sighed.

"Calm down. He got poisoned and his alliance almost crumbled. He must be under a lot of pressure right now." She said softly.

"But he always has time for his kids, no matter how much pressure he's under, or how busy he is." I groaned. "Always." She sighed and sat up on my bed.

"Did you ask him if he knew why you and that Raven girl looked so much alike?"

"What part of, 'He's ignoring me' do you not understand?" I mumbled.

"Its okay, Vae ," She scooted over to me on the bed and gave me a hug. "He'll start talking to you, it's okay. Don't take this stuff to heart, he's just busy." I sighed and huffed, but nodded.

"Alright," She grinned at me. "Now that you're okay, I have to go."

"What? You're leaving me?" I pouted and she laughed.

"I need to go help my mom and my aunt with my cousins. It's their 5th birthday soon, so we need to start planning for that. Sorry." She gave me an apologetic smile.

"That's a stupid reason to leave me." I grumbled and she giggled.

"I'll be back soon. Love you," She said before pulling me into another hug and running out the door. I sighed and stayed on my bed.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

I groaned at the silence and decided to see what my family was up to.

I walked down the hallway and peeked into the Triplet's rooms. They were asleep, taking a nap. I sighed and went to Kittie and Lacie 's room. They were doing makeup on each other. Heck no. Just as I was about to see what Reece and Roy were up to, I walked past the hallway to my parent's room and heard my father say,

"But the tattoo! Josie, she has to be her! She had the tattoo!"

This got my attention. I crept into the hallway and till their bedroom, leaning my ear on the cold wood of their door to see if I could hear any better.

"Any girl could have the tattoo of a moon on her wrist!" My mother argued back. A Moon tattoo on her wrist. Like the Raven girl had. But why were they talking about Raven right now?

"But not everyone could look just like our Raven! Just like our Vae! Even her name is the same!" My senses perked at the mention of my name.

I blinked. Our names didn't sound the same! Hers was Raven and mine was Vae!

They sounded completely different! I sighed and figured I'd figure it out later.

I looked down and moved my sleeve to see the small sun tattoo forged onto my

wrist.

It'd been here my entire life, almost since birth, and I never thought to ask about it because it never bothered me. It was just a symbol of innocence and happiness for me. And my brothers called me their "Ball of Sunshine," So that kind of seemed fitting. But I also knew my parents put tattoos on each pair of twins or the triplets they had almost at birth. Other parents had done it too.

Reece and Roy had two arrows on their arms crossing each other like swords.

Kittie and Lacie had two flying birds printed a little below their thumbs.