09. Medication

"Message! Message! Uzui [name], Tokito Muichiro and Rengoku Senjuro are down with a terrible fever and are residing in the Butterfly Estate until Kocho-sama gives the green light!" and Tengen chuckled as he watched Hinatsuru pacing back and forth in the kitchen, preparing some food for [name].

After the previous Pillars who had fallen sick, recovered, the younger ones including Senjuro had caught on the virus and were now confined in the very same room where they were confined as well.

"Does [name] like pickled vegetables?" Hinatsuru asked Tengen who then shook his head in response. Why she asked was because often she would be out on missions together with Tengen or other Pillars or demon slayers. It wasn't often that Hinatsuru would see her, let alone cook pickled vegetables as Tengen would always flamboyantly express what he wants to eat.

"No, she doesn't. Whenever we eat out on missions, she is picking at the vegetables," Tengen commented and soon watched as Hinatsuru continued to pack the bento box for [name], after all, Tengen would be visiting her since it was his off day.

.

.

Tengen was having a rough time with a beaming Kyojuro by his side and another scowling Sanemi on the other side of him. He had just wanted to visit [name] on his off day, afraid that she might feel lonely without him, and who knows that Kyojuro insisted on visiting his younger brother and Sanemi wanting to see Muichiro as well.

Soon the trio was seen standing in front of the door where [name] and the younger boys were confined in. Tengen then slowly opened the door, and his eyes widened at what was before him. He didn't see [name], not at all. But his eyes laid upon Senjuro and Muichiro who looked as if they were about to pass out.

Kyojuro and Sanemi immediately ran to them and tried to comfort them from the pain they were feeling, whereas Tengen looked extremely worried. He then spotted a lump in the bed before him and sighed in relief. He soon walked up to where [name] was wrapped up in her covers, and he tugged away from the cover.

His eyes widened at the terrible condition [name] was in. Her face was too red for a normal fever, and she was breathing heavily. He placed a hand against her face, and he immediately withdrew from the touch as she was burning hot.

He could see her trying her best to rest, but he could notice the tears that welled up in her eyes that were shut tightly. She was in pain, and Tengen couldn't do anything about it.

"Ara, [name]! You're having such a high fever!" Haizaki called out as he watched Akaza helping him in taking care of [name] who was breathing heavily and was suffering from a high fever. Akaza had to sneak out from the Infinity Fortress and pretend that he was going on a hunting spree, only to come and visit [name].

"N-Nii-san..." [name] mumbled out and then she tossed and turned away from the medicine that Haizaki had bought along the way, which Akaza was trying to feed her with. Akaza then sighed, as he felt a wave of nostalgia in his mind as he felt he had taken care of someone sick before.

"[name], come on,"

"Nii-san..."

"Nii-san..." [name] whispered out as the tears escaped from her eyes and Tengen could only smile sadly at [name] who misses Haizaki a tad bit too much now. He then lightly caressed her face and placed the bento box onto the bedside table. He soon heard the door slid open, and in came Shinobu who had the medicines ready, along with Aoi as well who was going to help out.

"Medicine time," Shinobu said with a soft smile, and then looked at [name] who was shivering terribly despite having such a high fever and bundled up in a thick cover. She then frowned a little as she remembered she had encountered this situation before and motioned for Aoi to help give the medicine to the other duo.