Chapter Twenty Three - Crazy Pants

Three weeks had passed since Emily had turned off her humanity

Three weeks had passed since Emily had turned off her humanity. She was currently AWOL from Mystic Falls and her friends were desperately trying to find her. The last they had heard, she was in New Orleans. Damon had got phone call earlier in the week from Elijah, and Original Vampire he had a somewhat decent relationship with. In other words, they no longer wanted to kill one another at every opportunity. Apparently she had made quite the impression whilst there. She had made their brother Kol fall for her, then used him to cause yet another all out war between the Witches, Vampires and Werewolves. The Mikaelsons were desperate to get her out of New Orleans, but hesitant to kill her given her relationship to the Salvatores, and her being a Heretic. Stefan had packed up a bag and was on his way to try and find her. Damon was still at home, trying to figure out a way to get Emily to switch her humanity back on.

"You know there's only one thing thats going to make that happen Damon." Caroline began.
"Nope. No. There has to be some other way." Damon disagreed, shaking his head back and forth. He knew deep down that the only solution to this was the sociopath they had thrown into another prison world weeks earlier. He was the reason she switched her humanity off. She had got close to him and then he had left her like all the others. Not intentionally of course. It was all her friends faults. They had tricked her into persuading Kai to take them back over to the 1903 prison world. They, like many others before, had taken advantage of her good nature and kindness, and screwed her over. Now Damon was feeling extremely guilty and wouldn't stop until he found a way to make it up to her.
"All you need to do is get Bonnie to take you back over there. You grab Kai, and then she's back!" Elena said hopefully.
"There has to be another way...." Damon grunted. If Kai was allowed out, there was no telling what he would do to get back at everyone for leaving him there in the first place. He was already hell bent on revenge before he met Emily. Somehow she had persuaded him to just get on with his new found lease on life. But if he came back and found her the way she is now, he could do anything. It wasn't something he even wanted to consider.

Damons phone started ringing on the countertop. He picked it up to see Stefan's name on the screen. "Brother. Tell me it's good news." He asked as he held the phone to his ear.
A few minutes later, he hung up the phone and turned to Elena and Caroline.
"He has her. It took the entire Mikaelson family to subdue her, but he's got her and he's on his way back with her now."
Elena and Carolines faces lit up. Happy that their friend was in safe hands finally. Elena's face then dropped when she realised this was just the tip of the iceberg. They still had to get her humanity back on.

That evening, Stefan finally arrived back at the house. He walked in carrying Emily, flanked by both Kol and Elijah Mikaelson.
"Well, that was quite the eventful few days, wouldn't you say so brother?" Kol said, looking over at Elijah.
"Yes, indeed. Now, lets get this young lady down into the basement and make sure she's well secured, then we best get back. Klaus is already having an absolute fit about the mess she's caused." Elijah walked down the stairs to the basement with Kol and Stefan and helped lock Emily in safely.
Damon and Stefan thanked the Mikaelson brothers and walked them to the front door.
"Tell her to give me a bell once she's all better will you mate? I have a feeling we could make a good team." Kol laughed, waving to the Salvatores as he walked out with his brother.