Chapter 2: A new view

I opened my eyes taking in my surroundings, I was in a small room on a bed with a blanket wrapped around me. I sat up my head pounding.
"You really should rest" a voice spoke.
My eyes flew around the room and landed on a figure that stood in a dark corner, I watched as a young boy around my age walked out holding a his arm which was covered in blood from a deep gash.
"Oh my!" I gasped jumping up and stumbling over "what happened to your arm!?" I pulled him over to the bed and pushed him down grabbing my satchel and pulling out a needle and thread out.
The boy stared at me "you did it" he said simply.
I was shocked to say the least, I gasped "pardon me?" It was then I noticed his eyes they were reddish and seemed to glow in the dimly lit room. I couldn't bring myself to believe what I was thinking this couldn't possibly be the terrifying dragon could it? He's just a boy. I stared into his eyes.
His lips curved into a slight smile "I am the dragon, it's a long story you see in a simple way I was cursed when I was born and well I'm a dragon" he shrugged as if it was nothing.
I tried to speak but I couldn't I was surprised but I stared at him until I felt something warm drip onto my leg I looked down and realized it was blood
"Oh! I was going to fix your arm!" I carefully grabbed my skirt and tore the end so it was at my knees ripping that into pieces "is there anywhere to get water?" I asked tenderly
"Door across the room" he spoke as though I should have know. A slight frown made its way into my features as I nodded and walked through the low doorway. The room was small with a shallow hole filled with water and a bowl in the wall with water, a small hole dripping more water into it. I smiled slightly as I dipped the end of my skirt in letting it soak up the water, cupping my hand around it I walked back out and sat by the boy once more taking his arm into my lap and gently dabbing the wound. My eyes flickered up seeing the boy's face contort into a look of pain. As I finished cleaning the gash I took out my needle and thread.
"This is going to hurt quite a bit" I said softly.
"I'm a dragon nothing hurts me." He grumbled. I stifled my laughter as I pressed needle to his skin.
"Well even if you're a all mighty dragon you can get hurt" I giggles softly as I carefully sewed the cut up "I'm Ruby by the way"
"Ash" he responded gruffly.
"You certainly won't make any friends with that attitude mister" I laughed softly as I tied the stitches off, "there all done."
I felt his eyes burn into the side of my head as I stood up. "where are you going?" He asked.
I turned around "home" I smiled "it was nice meeting you but I have to be off now." He was up in a matter of seconds and his hand was on my arm pulling me back roughly.
"You're not going anywhere" he let out a low growl and pushed me back onto the bed. "You can't leave!" I shrank back and his expression softened "I'm sorry it's just I want to have someone who'll stay with me." I seen in his eyes.
"I...I guess I could stay." I thought of my mother and father and how sad they'd be of I didn't return but it was better here than under the rule of the king. "I will stay, on one condition."
"Yes?" He smiled
"You will give me better living quarters" I said, a smile appearing on my face.
"Of course, a pretty girl deserves the best!" He said happily, a light blush creeping it's way into his face.
"Thank you Ash." His blush darkened.
"I'll get your room set up then" he said quickly as he ran off.