Rose of the Underworld

I've never known my family. All my life I've lived on the street. Stealing, fighting and escaping my way through life. When I was younger, I kept getting told that I have a pretty face and a perfect body shape. After finding out that I was pretty I've made an effort to be elegant and graceful. The highest elegance is idleness, and idleness in the poor is another name for crime. I'm eighteen now and numerous dead bodies lie behind me. When I was young there was a family of beggars who attended to me, but when I was five they were slain. I resolved to avenge the only people who had cared if I lived or perished. Later that week the newspapers announced that two deceased men had been found in house 50-52, both being stabbed twice in the chest. They were the two who had murdered my foster family. When I was ten I was detained for robbery. I escaped prison by slicing the necks of three officers who were to supervise me. I shot a man at the age of fifteen because he tried to harm my adoptive brother, Gavroche. My final kill was last year when I was seventeen. My prey was a seamstress who denied me her best dress. The following day she was discovered in her bed with a pool of blood encompassing her. No one knows my name, not even the police or Patron-Minette, so I am have been designated the name 'mademoiselle' or 'the mademoiselle'. I am the only night-prowler who is dreaded as much as Montparnasse. You may be questioning how I look, so I shall inform you. I have long blonde hair that reaches my waist. In the moonlight, it looks silver and in the sunlight it's gold. My eyes are a profound shade of azure blue furthermore my lips are rose red. I possess a button nose and skin that's nearly as white as snow. Long black lashes outline my eyes. I'm tall and willowy with long delicate fingers. I'm strong, but my muscles don't show. I have a delicate waist, wide hips and a reasonably sized bust. I wear a midnight blue gown with short sleeves and a long skirt. The gown has silver fringing around the neck, waist and skirt. I wear a white corset beneath my dress and a silver shawl is wrapped around my shoulders. Silver sandals are on my feet accompanied with white stockings. Midnight blue elbow-length gloves made of satin encase my hands. My hair is born with the sides pulled back and the remainder flowing down my back in gentle waves. I carry a black parasol with white lace edges around with me, and if you pull on the handle there's a concealed dagger. I wear a silver necklace with a heart lavalière around my neck, to finish off the look. These are the best items from the late dress maker's shop. A hidden dagger also is concealed in my right glove.