Heart to Hotel

It was a sunny, gorgeous day in early April. A day where friendships were tested and loves arose, a long lost love had once again rose to the surface. Two best friends, partners, and soulmates were being put to the test to tranquilize their love for each other. 18 years was a long time to keep a love like their's dormant, but when your best friend/soulmate is in your wedding but not standing with you at the alter, a big mistake could be made.
"Damn Charlie I haven't seen you this stressed since Sochi, slow down." Meryl said worriedly. Charlie hadn't slept yet and he wasn't planning on it, but his pacing and thin hotel walls forced Meryl to go and check on her partner. When they had just started out together, walking into each other's rooms unannounced would have been unthinkable, especially during their awkward years where Charlie had 20 zits at once and Meryl weighed 80 pounds. But now that their older, they expect each other all the time, they need each other.
"I'm fine, really." Charlie said reassuringly, "just nervous is all, I mean I'm gonna be married!" He tried to cover his discomfort with his boisterous laugh. Unfortunately for him, Meryl could see right through his attempt.
"Uh huh, so tell me why you've bit all of your nails off?" She looked at him knowingly.
"What are you talking about?" As he talked he shoved his hands into his short pockets.
"Sometimes I swear you never grew up past 12. C'mon Charlie talk to me, what's wrong?" As he was about to answer, a loud knock came from Charlie's door.
"CHARLIE WHITE why can I not find the seating arrangements?! I put you in charge!" Tanith screamed from the hall.
"I'm sorry Meryl I gotta go, but trust me I'm fine and hey I'll see ya at the alt..wedding?"
"Of course."