Meryl's POV ch. 2

He was acting so strange. Ever since he had starting planning the wedding, he had this look of disappointment in his eyes. I wanna pull him aside and hug him so tightly that he would know how I feel, but I can't do that not with him marrying one of my closest friends in less than 3 hours. I would give anything to just go back in time and spill out my sappy guts to him that I love him, I love him so much it hurts. Anyways, I was on my way to the bridesmaids room to get ready when I hear someone softly say, "Meryl, psst". I turned around to see Tanith's head looking through her door.
"What's wrong?"
"Come here I need help."
Once I walked into her room she shut the door behind me, "what's going on?"
"I can't do it."
Oh no.
"Can't do what?"
"Can't marry him, I did something bad and I feel like I don't deserve him."
"C'mon Tanith this is your day, whatever you did can't possibly ruin this."
"I slept with Ben." Tanith whispered.
I couldn't look her in the eye. I must've had a look of disbelief on my face because she sat down in front of me and shut my own mouth.
"You can't say anything , ever. What I did was wrong but I will never do it again. I can make it work with Charlie, I know I can."
"How dare you!? You betrayed my best friend! He's been nothing but good to you, even when you were acting like a complete bitch after Sochi. I can't believe you, never speak to me again." As I turned to walk out Tanith said, "Wait! Will you still be a bridesmaid?"
"I will be for him, I promised him I would be there for him 18 years ago and I don't plan on stopping now, but don't think for one second that I'm standing up there for you."