Chapter 1

December 2006
Anchorage, Alaska

The city is filled with snow about 5 inches high. The city lights reflect off the snow and make glitters of color. There are many different things always happening like always. Work, school, poverty, the cold, homeless, and many other things. I lived a homeless life for 6 years. I never had anything in my life. No holidays, no celebrations of birthdays, no belongings except the clothes I had on, family, friends, positivity, hope. I had no hope in living.
"Mom what's going?"
The police men come up to our door and take me and my 3 siblings away from our parents into the police cars.
"It's ok. You will be okay."
"MOM!"
I look at my mom as the car drives off. They took me to a place called OCS, offices of children services. They give service to children. Meaning they make sure children have homes and have the education they need. Also protection of children. I had to survive alone for 6 years. Get my own food, water, and I had to feed my siblings and have responsiblity a parent should have. My mom was not responsible. My dad was a drug addict. I never met any of my family and no one gave a shit about children that almost died of hunger and the cold! When my siblings and I arrived at the OCS building, we were split up and had to move into families. Me and my older brother were put in one family. I was 6 and he was 8. My two little sisters and little brother moved to a different family. The families I was in weren't good at all! Some were abusive, dangerous, and almost enslaving. I was beaten, no food or water, and had the lack of clothes. Holidays didn't exist in the world I was living. No gifts, candy, clothes, family, hope. Celebration didn't exist........