Chapter 3

School is all about learning and getting a place in society right? Well in my perspective it was a place to stay away from pain and suffering but school didn't end up that way sadly......... It became a prison to me. Locked up in classrooms. Kids being jerks to others. Teachers are negative all the time. Friends at schools I went to ended up being forgotten or lost because all the moving I've done. I had no chance to develop knowledge and ability to communicate to others because I was afraid of everyone! I was afraid to get beat up, threatened to get killed, and lose myself. I matured faster than the other kids in my class. They don't know what happens in the world. The only thing for them is their little safe bubble world they live in. No one helped me at school. The only people who helped me was my art teacher and a counselor. I was alone. I was really behind in education and speech! I couldn't speak as well as the others. I couldn't read, write, do math, and be part of the class. Because the amount of knowledge I had. The only knowledge I had was food, water, don't trust anyone! The few people who tryed to help couldn't help. It was to big of a situation for them to fix themselves. If my dad wasn't a drug addict or if my mom could make decisions, I wouldn't be in this mess! I could have a normal life like a lot of people. There are others who have bad situations like these. We aren't aware of what's going on around us! It's just about ourselfs! I can state at least 5-10 things here that you had NO idea that was happening! Did you know that millions of children are homeless and dieing? I was one of them! Did you know that crime such as child abuse, rape, stealing, drugs, and murder happen everyday here in the US? I was a victim of those things! Did you know that most people are just trying to get by in life? They are trying to get money to provide for their children. They are trying to survive here! For though I had no help. I had to do that myself.... Did you know that over 50% percent of the world is in poverty? I was part of that! Did you know that we are sitting here most likely complaining over our "problems" we have over dumb things?!? My girlfriend/boyfriend broke up with me! I'm grounded for a week because of grades! Why can't I get that mom/dad? I don't want be a loner at school! My phone broke and my parents won't get me another one! My friends are being mean to me! Why can't I have that? Why can't I go to the party? We are here making these complaints while people are dieing daily! Many countries have civil wars monthly!! People are starving to death and getting dehydrated! No medical care and no protection provided! A lot of people in the world are having worse than we are. We act as if we don't care about them! Do you care about that? If you do you would of done something to help them and think of what's going on with yourself before being a sore loser! We make such a big deal out of little things that we don't pay attention to the big picture! We can handle those small things! What needs to happen is that we help the world! First we have to help ourselves! The problem is that is not on our agenda! Wait a sec..... The American agenda...... I had to help myself to stay alive! That's sad! That's is REALLY sad! I don't want to be mean or affend anyone but we have to tendency to not care for others. No one helped me so I had to help myself! Not everyone can do that! The people who are good can help the people who are down get up! Like friendships for example. If your friend had a problem you would help them right? Of course you would!! They are your friend! You don't have to be friends with people to help them. I got off topic but it connected to my life and I wanted to just say very few things. I'll tell you guys/gals about what it's like to look death in the face next time.