An Extremely Unwarranted Author's Note/Tag

Hi everyone, I wasn't planning on doing this but there have been some ~developments~. First of all, I'm sorry this took me so long, I wanted to make sure there was a good three chapters published at once because I personally hate it when I go find a sequel of a good fanfiction and there's only one chapter, that sucks. Second of all, I have a pretty good amount of stuff written, and a lot of time so hopefully I'll be able to stick to a schedule, kind of. At least through summer. (That's for all of my books). If we're all quarantined in our house, at least you'll have something to read!

So, let's talk about wattpad. 

I hate it. The way the service is going is really getting on my nerves. Let me add a prelude to my complaints. I understand why these new things are being implemented, money is important, and I'm really glad that authors are being paid. I also understand why fanfiction authors won't be a part of this new plan, and I have no problem with it. I don't write for money, I don't even write for fame or recognition. I write because I truly love writing, especially fanfiction. I write a lot of it just for myself, that I'll never share with anyone, because I love working with characters that I've grown close to. It's my way of relaxing and having fun. I also love reading fanfiction, which is why I write books and post them. If I can make at least one person's day better because they read my book or I write a oneshot for them, the same joy I get when I read fanfiction, then I'm happy. 

That being said. Wattpad is being a pain. First of all, it took me FOUR MONTHS to change my email. FOUR. MONTHS. And at the end of the day I had to create a new email. I'm not exaggerating when I say I shed a few tears of frustration. Also, their entire approach to everything is just, not right in my opinion. I joined wattpad in 2016 and I loved it because of how open it was and how easy it was to use. It is not like that anymore. I can't stand it when companies advertise their services for free and then shove add-ons that you have to pay for down your throat. Offer a premium service? Cool, just don't advertise it to me every single time I open the app. Do you have books that you have to pay for so the authors get paid? Even better, JUST FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T ONLY SHOW ME THOSE BOOKS BECAUSE I'VE NEVER SHOWN ANY INTEREST IN ANYTHING BESIDES FANFICTION. I used to enjoy opening the app to see about new and interesting fanfiction, but now wattpad only ever recommends their paid stories (which, again, really happy for those authors. it's a great opportunity.) so I only go on to wattpad to write or check notifications. ALSO: 

I don't mind the ads, I really don't. I'm not mad I have to watch ads because I won't be benefiting from it. Whatever. But, I have one question. WHY DO I HAVE TO WATCH ADS TO READ MY OWN STORY? I wrote it myself. 

You might be wondering why this is in any way relevant to you. Am I leaving wattpad? 

Yes and no. Mostly no. 

I'm not leaving the service. It's still going to be my primary place. I don't think it's fair to just up and leave because I'm annoyed. At the end of the day there's nothing stopping me from writing and nothing stopping you  from reading and as long as you all can read my work without having to pay, I'm not leaving. 

So what am I doing? I'm expanding my horizons. I've joined the other main two (if I missed something important, please tell me.) Quotev and Archives of Our Own. I'll be posting my work there as well, in this order:

1. Wattpad

2. Quotev

3. Archives of Our Own

(Please note this order only counts for my actual books, there will be a different order for oneshots.)

I'm doing this so that if you, too, experience my deep and most likely over-dramatic frustrations about wattpad, you can read on those services. If you're cool with wattpad, then just disregard my existence on the internet. 

As for oneshots, I have opened a Tumblr, which is my next project to figure out. Once that's up I will be accepting requests and posting all of my oneshots on there. I will continue to update my collections on the other websites and accepting requests on my "MUST READ" chapter, however they will not be priority. I'll let you all know when I finally get Tumblr up and running properly so you can request there. The oneshots will be updated in the following order:

1. Site it was requested on

2. Tumblr

3. Wattpad

4. Quotev

5. Archives of Our Own

In more cheerful news, during these confusing times if you're feeling sad please remember all the pets that are overjoyed about their friends not leaving them everyday. 

And now, enjoy The Eighth Sin: Grand Finale!

Thanks for listening to my Ted Talk,
Sammy

I was also tagged by babywincesskitty. I tried to follow her answers but I already had some of the answers on previous posts and I don't like to repeat myself.

 I tried to follow her answers but I already had some of the answers on previous posts and I don't like to repeat myself

1. My favorite pizza is Hawaiian. 
2. My favorite hobby is writing- Shocking, I know. You'd think that if I love it so much I could spend some more time writing for wattpad... 
3. I can't draw for the life of me. Ironically I've always been friends with really talented people, even my sister is great at drawing!
4. I really enjoy playing videogames, specifically adventure and puzzle types. 
5.I like baking, cookies are my signature dish.
6. I'm a savory gal- pasta over cake any day. That being said, I like ice cream way too much for my own good. 
7. I'm a Ravenclaw- but in general I don't like HP that much, soooooooo... Take that as you will. 
8. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I'm obsessed! Seriously, I'm not exaggerating. 
9. I love cosplay and costumes in general. I always go to conventions in costume. 
10. I'm pretty obsessed with Bakugo Katsuki- Which isn't that weird until you find out I've never watched bnha or read the manga. 
11. I have 5 anime candles- And, yes, I use them.
12. I am a fan of gloomy, cozy days
13. I love painting my nails. (actually doing them as I write this.) Nailart is a major hobby of mine and I do my nails every week. I have an anime themed instagram account... Look me up if you're interested?

TAGGING:

sad_smiles22
josie_eee
Minhosfriedhair
masowolf
Animefan414
Charuby16
JesusAnguiano6
ashley34901
AudreyVandeusen
VampireNinja1001
David9794332
color_me_shocked
WillowYoung
xxGloriaxx4
AwesomeKitKat