Red Velvet

You were a fearless Mercenary, best of the best. Feared by men and women alike, killing came easy to you, you felt as if it were like eating cupcakes, delicious. What really surprised you was that a prestigious academy like Hopes Peak would recognize such a thing as "talent". A school like this could get you connections, so you didn't hesitate to take the offer.

                When you stepped into the oversized gymnasium you counted 16 students including yourself. Silently observing your surroundings, you failed to realize the scowl forming on your face, causing the ultimates in your area to move. You of course didn't mind at all, as it was your belief that it was better to be alone. You didn't notice you had spaced out until a brunette, shorter than you had spoken up.

                 "I think its best if we introduced ourselves and our talents. To get to know each other better". He had smiled so warm and welcoming, something so foreign to you. You admired the boy for his confident and inviting demeanor. Introductions went by in a blur, and you didn't notice when everybody turned to you, waiting for your introduction. This earned the annoyance of a taller blonde boy, Togami? you remembered vaguely. "I don't have the time to wait on peasants who fail to pay attention." He said in the snarkiest tone he could muster. "I'll kill you where you stand, then you'll have all the time in the world to wait on me". You said defiantly as you bowed your head and added "Your highness" gasps erupted around you. "Very well then, Introduce yourself already" he said with a sigh. But you could tell he was frightened by your words, no doubt full of malice. "Im y/n l/n, Ultimate Mercenary. I like red velvet cupcakes, and I kill people, is that good enough for you?" Afterwards you turned on your heel and stormed out of the gym, back to your dorm that Monokuma, your adorable principal, had assigned to you hours before. You could overhear someone from the gym, mutter "Damn" under their breath, but you couldn't care less.

                 As soon as you shut your door behind you, you wasted no time hopping into the bed. For hours you stared up at the ceiling.... not recalling when you had drifted to sleep. The sleep you loved, dark and calm blackness that seemed to swallow you up.

                 You were instantly jolted awake to blaring music that rang throughout the building intercoms. "Gooooood morning, rise and shine kiddos!! Please gather in the dining hall for breakfast. Do note that classes will start at the beginning of next week. Do not be late! The intercom cut out with a tiny ping. ignoring the message, you felt somewhat rejuvenated from yesterdays long and tiring flight, not to mention that asshole, Togami. You ran a light, cold shower and cleansed your hair and body of airplane. Draping a red towel over your body, you noticed something you hadn't before as you stepped out of the shower.

                On your desk sat a single cupcake, a note attached to it, and not just any cupcake... it was red velvet. Someone had obviously been paying attention yesterday. You darted over to your door, and a tiny gasp escaped your soft lips. Your lock had been tampered with, meaning someone had been in your room while you were asleep. The thought was infuriating, and you tried not to jump to conclusions like you usually do. You quickly got dressed, slipping on a white tank top, black leggings and grey shorts. You glanced in the mirror as you tied up your h/c hair into a high pony. This outfit really did show off your voluptuous, slim body and beautiful tanned skin.
No one could guess how many weapons you had, concealed on your body, But attached to your side  was your favorite survival knife. Rushing out of your door, cupcake in hand, you were determined to find out who your late night visitor was.

                  You had regained your cool composure as you reached the dinning halls huge doors. With a clack the door silently swung open revealing everyone immersed in cheerful banter. A little too cheerful for you. You then noticed a tall, muscular boy brooding, sitting at a table, by himself. As you strode over, everyone watched, surprised as you walked over to him. After all he did go off and knock out Naegi on the first day, but that was the recklessness and danger you so adored. He seemed amused when you sat across from him, so teasingly you asked" Whats funny pompadour?" coldly referring to his haircut. "Can't fit in, red velvet?" He teased back. "Nope, and I never will". You grimaced as you looked into his deep lavender eyes, and he seemed to stare back into yours. Naturally, others would become intimidated and look away from you, fearful, but he never looked away, unblinking. This only intrigued you more.

                   You motioned towards the cupcake you held in your hand, and questioned, "Want a bite?" This was the perfect opportunity to see if the small cake was poisoned or drugged. He seemed to sense your motives, but took a bite anyway. You stared in silence at him for a good thirty seconds, and concluded: the cupcake was either a slow working poison, or not poisonous at all. You weren't going to take that chance either way. Standing, you left and exited the dining hall, towards the courtyard. His eyes never left you, observing your frame. Ticked off, he trailed after you, minutes after you had left.

                    You hadn't even read the note, left it crumpled on the ground, you didn't even eat the cupcake rather you let someone else take a bite. Unbeknownst to the fact that you just gave someone a motive.