One - Runaway

"Am I that good looking that you can't stop staring at me?" Danny said and looked at me. He had this teasing look on his face. "You wish," I told him and averted my attention back to my book. Despite my objection, I couldn't help the blush that crept up my face. He chuckled lightly and almost immediately, he moved closer to me, closing the gap between us.

My heart pounded because he was next to me now. I could smell his scent. He smelled like summer----refreshing. Our close proximity suddenly made me feel self-conscious and absently, I found my gaze locked on the carpet floor of my bedroom. He chuckled again, his laughter soft and deep. He put his forefinger under my chin and gently rose my head until my gaze was permanently glued to his pale, ocean blue eyes. I hadn't realized how close he actually was from me until I could feel his warm breath hitting against my pale skin.

He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "You're so cute when you blush," he teased, causing my face to burn even more. He grinned that certain, large, unique grin that he possessed and it made me look down at my feet, my cheeks burning. He brought my face to his again. "No need to be shy, Cory," he smiled warmly at me. "I can't help it," I murmured, "you intimidate me." "Why" he brought his face closer, whispering so softly it sent sweet shivers down my spine.

I was so captivated by his piercing stare that I almost forgot how to speak. 

"I-I," I stuttered. I didn't know where to begin. He looked at me, waiting for me to finish. There was a glint of amusement in his eyes. I mentally berated myself for stuttering. I should just say it already. "Because, I like you." 

There I said it. I didn't breathe after I uttered those words. I was too anxious on how he would respond. I stared at his face, probing for answers. His lips curved into a smile. The most captivating smile I had ever seen. I felt my heart thump faster. "I like you too," he grinned and I felt waves of excitement rush over me. The anxiety I felt earlier, disappeared and was replaced by butterflies in my stomach. In that moment, I've never felt more ecstatic in my whole life. I felt my lips form into a smile. He moved closer, if that were even possible. His arms rested on my waist and he slowly pulled me in. Our faces were inches apart and I think our lips would touch almost any second....

"CORINA!" Mom called, slightly frantic. What now? I groaned a bit too loudly, earning another warm chuckle from Danny as I got up and dragged my feet downstairs to the kitchen. "Yes, Mom?" I whined. "Is Jude home yet?" she pressed. He stil isn't home yet? It's already been three days. He should be home by now.

I shrugged. "I haven't seen him since he last left." Mom's face grew with panic. "Don't worry, Mom. He'll be back. He always comes back. By now you should get used to it. I have." I fibbed. I would never get used to this. I would never get used to Jude always running away. I mean, I know he always comes back but that's beside the point. The fact that he's always out there, getting lost into this sick and twisted world; frightens me to the core. What if something happened this time. Three days is usually the longest he's gone. He's only 16! What could he be doing out there?"

"You're right," she let out an exapperated breath. "He'll be back. He always comes back." I gave her an assuring smile before I returned to my room. I found Danny on the carpet floor, as I left him, leaning on my bed side, glued on the previous book I was reading. When he noticed me ogling, he faced me and his smile practically gleamed. 

I sat beside him and within a second, his arms were around me, my face buried in his chest. Without realizing, I let out the longest, deepest breath. "Is everything okay?" he murmured. God, his voice was so alluring. I nodded and looked up at him, observing his features for later daydreaming.