Chapter 10: The Face of a Masked Hero

Fade's Character!

Fade's Character!

~~~~~~

I met Fade behind the building, and we silently started undoing our masks. Mine was clipped on and secured in two different ways, and Fade did as well. When we were done, we closed our eyes just because we could.

Fade looked like he'd just seen a ghost. He was actually, not gonna lie, kinda good looking, but it was hard to tell when his mouth is wide open and his eyeball twitching. 

"Are you having a seizure? What is UP with you?!" I joked half- heartedly.

"You never told me-" He said, his hand reaching up to my face, I looked at him warily.

"Don't blow me up." I said with a sigh.

He reached his other hand on my face, so my face was all smushed up.

"Owwwww, Fade, jeeeez!" I whined.

He started using his thumbs to stroke my cheeks. Honestly, it was kind of weird.

"You're really.. you're really pretty-" He said in an airy voice.

I grew red in the face and recoiled a little, glaring at him all the while.

He trailed his hands from smushing my cheeks (In which I was thankful for) to my chin, lifting my face up, and we just stood there for what felt like an hour.

Finally, I spoke up, saying, "Hey, this makes me want to punch you in the face." I said darkly.

"Oh really?" He said with his normal voice, his face becoming normal, but his eyes in a faraway look. "Me too-" He said walking closer, making me back up on the wall- "But like this." 

He brought his face closer to mine, then finally quickly caught his lips on my open-wide ones, and I recoiled back in suprise, but he turned his face sideways, closing his eyes as he did so. I couldn't move; his arms were planted on either side of me, on the wall behind me, and I was too paralyzed to move anyway. His lips were soft; I did not know how to react; this was my first kiss. He brought his hands from the back wall to my face, leaning in slightly. He pulled away for a second, I burst into a bunch of panting, but he pressed back to me in a matter of seconds. I finally relaxed and closed my eyes, which I shouldn't have because that got him even MORE excited, putting his tongue in my mouth.

I heard footsteps, and tried to pull away, but Fade wouldn't let me. 

"OMG!" I heard Indigo scream in a super mad way. 

"Yes?" Fade said calmly, pulling away from my face slowly, then putting his arms around me, while I squirmed.

"You CAN'T be kissing HER!" She screamed, stomping her foot.

"Jeez, are you a child." Fade said with an exhasperated sigh.

"She FORCED you to do it, didn't she?!" She asked hopefully, sneering at me.

"Nope, I started it." Fade said, with no sign of discomfort at all. Indigo's mouth dropped.

"She's beautiful, isn't she? He asked Indigo, making her more mad as he ran his fingers through my hair, making me red in the face.

"You gotta be kidding me." Indigo snarled. "HER?! I am WAY prettier than her!"

"One; no, not even close," Fade said with a snarky laugh, "And two, I don't even KNOW you. I didn't want to realize it until now, but I'm in love with my illegal hero partner." He said, picking me up bridal style, while I tried to jump out of his arms, but he held on tight, and I did not want to use my Quirk on him.

"I dare you to KISS her AGAIN." Indigo snarled.

"Sure!" Fade said in his usual, child-like way, and leaned down in the now shocked face I wore, kissing me again. He narrowed his eyes at Indigo, who ran off the other way screaming her head off.

"You're not SERIOUS, are you?!" I sneered at him, but he just smiled cheerfully at me.

"I meant everything I said!"

"I'm not ready to be in a relationship yet-" I said, panicking.

"I know, but I can still give you kisses every once in a while, right, right? Don't make me sad!" He said, moving his eyes downcast. 

"Fine, fine-"

He started kissing me again.

"My name is Shouto."

"I'm Midoriya."

"Pretty name for a pretty girl", he said, grinning at me.