Chapter 4

You awoke to the loud clang of a plate hitting the counter and Shota chuckling as he scolded Hizashi for being so loud. "You're going to wake her up." He whispered, holding onto Hizashi's waist.

Hizashi cursed under his breath as he held the plate firmly to the counter. "Don't fucking tickle me then." He whined in a frustrated whisper. Shota smiled and placed a hand on Hizashi's face, pulling him closer for a kiss.

You stretched your good arm up and your injured arm as far forward as you could get it. You smiled watching the two, sometimes you forgot they had been together for years before you met them. They had always been sure to include you in everything as a couple, Hizashi was especially weary of making you feel excluded in any way. You never had, seeing how much they loved each other was one of your favorite parts about being with them.

"Too late." You mumbled and sat up, wincing as a wave of pain throbbed through your shoulder. Your whole torso felt worse, you assume it was the position you had fallen asleep in, propped up awkwardly against the couch back.

Hizashi turned the two around, Shota hugging him from behind, his chin resting on Hizashi's shoulder. "Hey, babe. I heard you got hurt."

"Just some bruising." You waved him off with your good hand. "It smells good in here."

Hizashi wasn't one to gloss over injuries like Shota was, but at the moment Shota was doing a pretty good job at distracting him. He snaked his hands around to rest on Hizashi's waist and squeezed both sides making Hizashi jump and yelp.

"Y-yeah, come grab some." Hizashi turned around and licked Shota's face who recoiled and began wiping his face with the back of his hand.

You stood, the pain in your shoulder made pushing yourself up off the couch a chore, but none the less you made it to your feet. Hizashi must have been hungry when he ordered because it looked like he got one of everything, you'd be eating leftovers for days. Hizashi finally broke free from Shota's arms and darted as fast as he could behind you, using you as a shield against Shota. His hand grabbed your shoulder and you yelped, and for a split second your vision sparked white. He let go instantly.

"I-I'm sorry, babe!" he gingerly wrapped his arms around your waist. "Are you okay?"

Even Shota stopped in his tracks, worry knitting his eyebrows together. Hizashi pulled at your collar and looked down your bruising back. "Babe, this is serious bruising. You have to get this looked at."

You tried to pull away and wave off any concern, you just wanted to eat, but Shota stepped up behind you. He looked down your shirt and sucked in a small breath. "It's worse than when I got home. Does it hurt to breath?"

Hizashi looked up at Shota, he hadn't looked this concerned since one of the cats swallowed one of their toy mice whole. You took a breath in and exhaled. "Not particularly."

Shota's hand found your hips and slid upwards applying a light pressure as he went, when he reached the lower section of your scapula a sharp pain made your legs buckle. You gasped involuntarily gripping the sleeves of Hizashi's shirt. Hizashi held you up, looking at Shota horrified. Shota pulled away and walked to the freezer pulling out another ice pack, they were not in short supply in this household. "I think you fractured something, y/n."

You groaned dropping your head on Hizashi's shoulder, who in turn gently wrapped his arms around you. You hissed as Shota gingerly placed an icepack against your shoulder blade. "You should go to the emergency room." He said.

"And do what, be told I have a fracture? You already did that." You muttered into Hizashi's chest.

Shota sighed, you felt like one of his students. "They can prescribe you some pain killers and bed rest, get you next few weeks off from patrols."