Summer Fling : Chapter Two

Riley POV

As soon as I heard Jaden's voice I walked away with Mateo. Ever since Paris.. I haven't been able to be near Jaden without wanting to hit him. I don't talk about him at all to Mateo because they are bestfriends and I know Mateo would defend him. But sometimes I just let out how I feel to Princeton, he's always been there to listen to what's going through my head, like my own personal diary. But last summer all that changed.. Princeton and I fell apart because I did the same thing Jaden did.. Fall for someone else.

And honestly it's such a horrible thing and I have no room to judge but Mateo is the best thing that's ever happened to me.. Jacob should be so mad at me. But he isn't. This morning he hugged my waist like the heartbreak didn't even phase him. It was like he never stopped loving me.

"What you thinking about babe?" Mateo asks, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh, nothing, I'm just thinking about my hair." I lied to him. "Oh well baby I love it.. Could be a little straighter but as long as you love it I love it." He says with a smile and he pulls my hand to get on the skateboard. My heart stings when he says that.. Princeton would never tell me that my hair should be straighter. He would tell me he loved it. Ugh, why do I keep thinking about him. I'm happy with Mateo.. Right ?

Ariel POV

I let go of Moises and looked at Jaden. Its honestly been so long since I've seen him... "Oh uh, hey Jaden. Nice seeing you again." I said. "Likewise. Can a guy get a hug?" he said opening his arms. "Sure." I went up to him and hugged him. Oh so I miss his hugs and I let go. "So are we going to skate or just sit around hugging each other?" Mateo said skating by us. "Oh Im just here to watch. Not skate." I said smiling and sitting on the bench. "Oh man, you guys remember when we tried to teach Ari how to skate!?" Moises said grabbing his board. "That was such a horrible day!" I said giggling. "She kept busting her butt nonstop." Jaden said laughing. "Riley can't skate either! Mateo tries to teach her non stop." I said. "But look at her shes getting somewhat better." Moises said riding off.

Now it was just me and Jaden. It was kind of awkward, but I guess I got to get use to it now. "So how you been lately? Hows Texas and your mom?" he asked continuously. "Chill Jaden. But I've been good, glad to be back here in Cali missing the weather and you guys a lot. But Texas is fine & my mom is great, I miss her a lot. How you been?" I said. "Pretty chill working on music. But Im going to skate, you good here?" he asked getting up. "Yeah, go skate Im good." I said watching him leave.