~15 || Not the same

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daydream – Day 5

-Heesun's POV-

"It's unexplainable how someone can care about yourself so much; when he arrived your daydreams began to change into something more meaningful, something that shouldn't happen in this phase of the Linking Dreams. And even though you don't understand where this comes from, everything will change as soon as you get out from this stage".

You've been running for hours, a lot of distress is heading your way since the dreams are mixing up more with the reality. It makes you believe that at one point both of you won't be able to save each other, which is one of the reasons why you didn't want him to come, but you are glad he did so because you were about to fall into the unknown again. Jinyoung makes you remember things from real life both have; how the members are, the way the company is going, and anything that could remind you of home. He's been a great help ever since he arrived, after all, he is trying to be understanding about your decision of coming back to the Linking Dreams.

But something has been bothering you a lot lately, the voice you heard last night wasn't something common. It sounded like a single person with rage endured from something that happened in the past. Perhaps it sounds surreal, but you are sure of recognizing those thoughts from somewhere.

As for now, the tiredness began to get into both and you wanted to stop walking around the bushy place. Finding your way out was the only mission now since it was impossible to find out the reason why the Linking Dreams exist with so many obstacles interfering. No light is showing up on the sky, and as both are returning to one of the places you used to know from the past Linking Dreams, you are staring to get tired.

-How are you doing? – Jinyoung asked as both kept on walking through the field.

-I'm alright; I just need to rest – You admitted.

-Yes, me too – He sighed. -Do you want to rest? – Jinyoung asked.

-No, I'm scared of having another dream that I can't get out from – You revealed.

It truly is a dream within a dream, huh?

-I won't let you stay, and that's why I'm here – Jinyoung assured.

-I know you won't, but I'm still concerned – You said. -But anyway, where are we? This place sounds familiar to me – You told while looking around the place, and a tower could be seen a few meters away.

-You are right... it seems we are near the stairs from the beginning, do you remember? – Jinyoung questioned.

-The tower – You said while staring at it.

He nodded. -Let's go – Jinyoung said.

Both started to run towards it as fast as possible, it wasn't that far away so you immediately got there without issues.

As soon as both arrived, Jinyoung stared at it concerned before holding your hand.

-I don't want it to fall, we don't know what'll happen next if it does – He said.

-I trust you – You smiled slightly before he nodded, then both got inside the tower.

Just as you remembered it, the tower where everything started between Jinyoung and you. It brought memories to your mind and then everything started to glitch out.

-Jinyoung – You looked at him concerned.

-It's alright, don't worry – He said before he stopped holding your hand.

You closed your eyes as everything was glitching and moving around, suddenly when the space turned dark you were able to open your eyes again. Instantly noticing how the entire place changed.

-Jinyoung? – You called his name as soon as you noticed he was still there. -Why are you here? – You asked.

-I guess I was meant to be here – He smiled before hugging you. -But, why so concerned? We are together and that's what matters – Jinyoung caressed your cheek.

-I mean, yes, but I don't get why you are so happy so suddenly – You said confused.

-Because I'm here with you and that's all that matters – He smiled, and when he was about to kiss you, the fog started to appear around both.

-Heesun! – You heard Jinyoung shouting.

-What the hell? – You asked confused since you are standing in front of him.

-What's the matter? I'm here; I'm real – Jinyoung spoke.

-He isn't! Sun, listen to me – Jinyoung yelled.

-This... this isn't right – You took a deep breath before closing your eyes. -You aren't real, you are just a dream – You repeated.

Briefly, the cold air hit your body and made you lose your balance. Suddenly, you felt someone holding you tight, and there's where you opened your eyes and realized that Jinyoung was there. Immediately, you started to touch his face and tried to see if he was real or not.

-It's me... hey, hey, listen up, it's me – Jinyoung said worriedly before holding you tightly.

The surroundings were dirty again and the darkness of the tower returned.

-It is you... oh, god – You stuttered before hiding your face against his chest.

-I saw it too but I couldn't do anything but shout – Jinyoung murmured. -Now, you see why I wanted to come here? – He questioned.

You nodded slightly before he got away from you. – Should we go up? – You asked while looking at the stairs ahead of you.

-I think so, but right now we are going places without direction – Jinyoung spoke.

-I don't know why there isn't one light already, it should be placed somewhere new by now – You spoke as both started to walk upstairs.

Jinyoung held your hand tightly as both were starting to look up. -It's odd, but also, everything has changed so there might be more things that are turned upside down – He told.

-Hopefully, we don't fall – You sighed.

Jinyoung chuckled slightly. -If we fall, I'll hold you.

-Too soon to be cheesy – You teased.

-I wanted to see you smile, that's why – Jinyoung grinned before kissing your cheek.

*Time later*

-Jinyoung's POV-

We are sitting down on the top of the tower, seeing as much as we could from the surroundings, and hoping for a light to appear sooner than later. It's concerning to realize that we are here once again, that no one outside this daydream can save us, and that we have the possibility of never returning home. Frighten is the best word I can use for what my heart is feeling; I want the best to come out from this, be able to sleep without worries again and be next to the person I love the most.

-You seem sad – Heesun spoke.

-No, I'm fine – I lied.

-You need to be okay unless you want me to be sad too – Heesun told before holding my hand, which was reloaded against the floor.

-I'm sorry – I sighed. -I just want you to be alright – I assured.

She looked at me surprised before hugging me against her, then she started to rub my back as she didn't want to let me go. I held her with the same affection while closing my eyes.