Chapter 5

Mel's P.O.V. ~

It's been four months since Paul asked me to be his girlfriend. Live couldn't be better! Paul is always around the house. He's usually doing the night shift. As soon as he graduates, Sam will be switching it up. Well...until another guy phases, that is. I'm hoping it's soon, that way we can have another wolf on patrol, but at the same time...I'm also hoping no one does.

No one should have to go through the pain. Sam still works the morning shift. Usually, he starts at 5 am and typically works till 11 am. School ends at 2 pm, so that's when Jared starts his shift then ends at 6 pm. Paul will work from 6 pm to 10 pm. Sam and I make sure that they get at least eight hours to sleep and have time for homework.

When they graduate, patrols will be eight hours long. I was wrong last month about needing brownies for a new wolf. Turns out the reason I needed the brownies for the date. That was the big feeling that I had in my gut. I blush to myself I kiss the boys' cheeks goodbye as they race out the door to get to school in time.

I clean up the mess from breakfast, and start putting them away when Sam walks in.

"Hey, Sammy!" I smile at him.

He smiles and sits down to eat his plate I left out for him

He smiles and sits down to eat his plate I left out for him. "Hey, Mel."

"How was patrol?" I ask, sitting down in front of him.

"Nothing happened. Just walked in circles."

I giggle. "Like the dogboy you are."

"Wolf-Man!" He smirks at me.

He looks as something falls off the counter and his eyes scrunch up. He picks up a bag that was on the floor.

"I think Paul forgot his lunch."

I sigh before checking the time. Seniors' lunches don't start till 12:30, so I have an hour and 15 minutes to make it to him. Might as well, take it to him now. I kiss Sam's head before grabbing the bag and my keys. I drive to the school and check in with the front office. The lady behind the desk knows me, so she just gives me a visitor's pass.

The bell rings, signalling that the students are in between classes right now.

"He's going to the gym right now." She smiles.

"Thank you!"

I grab the bag and walk. I see Jake, Embry and Quil in the hall. I smirk and walk over.

"Hello, boys!"

They all jump before turning to me.

"Mel!" Quil shouts, before pulling me into a hug.

I laugh and hug him back. I look at Embry and smile. I was always closer to Embry. He's quieter, and sat with me when Quil and Jake would be loud.

"Hey, Mel." He smiles at me.