In the Heat of Battle

Everyone was once again surrounding Professor Oak and waiting in anticipation for the finale to begin. The remaining participants stood by Professor Oak looking at each other determined to win. "Alright folks, the time to battle has returned!" announced Professor Oak getting a cheer from everyone.

He then turned to the final contestants, "I'm sure you all are ready to get started so let's not waste any more time!"

The horn went off and the remaining contestants split up.

xxxxx

Red walked through the quiet forest with Pika walking beside him. Since the remaining contestants were much stronger than the ones he had been battling all morning, Red was on high alert. The forest was almost too quiet, he couldn't even hear the sounds of the other battles going on. "Stay alert Pika," he said.

"Pika," Pika responded.

They kept walking, nothing continued to happen. That is until they felt the ground start to tremble. Red realized what was about to occur; "Pika jump up!" Red commanded.

Pika jumped up just as the tremors of an earthquake attack shook the ground. Pika managed to avoid the attack but the tremors caused Red to fall on his butt. As the earthquake came to an end, Red looked up to see a powerful looking Emboar step out of the forest followed by Hilda. The determination in her face was more than a little terrifying, "Alright Red, it's time for me to pay you back for last time," she said.

Red got back on his feet ready to battle her. He was facing some of the strongest in the camp now and Hilda's Emboar, Gigi, looked to be quite powerful. Red couldn't afford to underestimate her. Pika sparked his cheeks ready for battle while Gigi let out a breath of smoke. "Alright, Pika use Quick Attack!" Red commanded.

Pika charged towards Gigi with intense speed. "Gigi, use Hammer Arm!" Hilda commanded.

Gigi reeled back her fist which glowed white and slammed into Pika with it. The two pokemon pushed against each other with everything they had but Gigi pushed back. Gigi overpowered Pika and sent him flying backward and landing on his feet. Luckily, Pika wasn't hurt but Hilda and Gigi weren't about to let him rest, "Now Flamethrower!" said Hilda.

Gigi took a deep breath and breathed out a powerful flamethrower attack. "Thunderbolt, Pika!" cried Red.

Pika stood his ground and charged up a thunderbolt and released it. The two attacks collided midair creating a cloud of smoke. "Slam him!" cried Hilda. Gigi broke through the smoke with both of her arms glowing white raised above her head ready to squash the mouse pokemon. "Dodge it!" said Red.

Pika jumped back just as Gigi slammed her arms into the ground send several pieces flying in all directions. Red covered his face with one of his arms, "Thunderbolt, again!" Red commanded.

Pika charged up electricity and let out a huge bolt of electricity that hit Gigi head-on. Gigi cried out in pain and stumbled back while Pika landed back on the ground. Gigi shook off the pain before looking back at Pika. Hilda looked at Red with a confident grin who looked back at her with a serious look. "Why so serious, Red?" she asked.

"She's strong I'll give her that. Emboar easily has the physical strength to match Pika's. I've gotta play this smart," he thought.

A smirk came to his face as he came up with a plan. "Alright Pika, run around her with Quick Attack!" Red commanded. Pika almost became a blur as he ran circles around Gigi who looked around almost frantically trying to keep up with him. "Now go for it!" said Red.

As he continued to run around, Pika would charge in and slam into Gigi then continue running. Pika did this repeatedly striking Gigi from multiple different directions causing her to cry out in pain. Hilda gritted her teeth in agitation, she couldn't allow this to keep happening, she needed to beat that little-