Burnt Toasts and Angry Blonds

(Edited)

––––

The sound of the alarm clock had filled the whole room, resulting for a certain redhead to wake up from his slumber. "Hmm... Good Morning."Kirishima Eijirou yawned as he sat up on his soft bed, rubbing off the sleep from his eyes. He leaned over the clock and turned off the alarm. "I'm so hungry."He mumbles, getting up from the bed and walking out of his dorm.

*****

Kirishima looked at the fridge's contents and he pulls a loaf of yummy bread from it. "Toast should be good."He chirped to himself as he turned around, heading towards where the toaster was. He put two pieces of bread in the toaster and then turns it on. He sat near the counter and waited for it to be toasted.

A few minutes passed, Kirishima turned his head when he heard Bakugou yelling, stomping into the kitchen which puzzled the redhead. What's up with him?

"What the fuck did you burn?!"

"My toast."

"Holy shit! I burnt my toast!"

Kirishima rushes to turn off the toaster to see his burnt toast. He cringes at the sight if the blackened bread throws it in the trash can.

"Thank goodness you didn't fucking burn the kitchen, shitty hair."Bakugou scoffed, glaring at his friend. "Sorry bro, that was so unmanly of me."Kirishima chuckled sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. The blond teen only rolls his eyes at that. Stupid Kirishima.

"It's my job to cook! Now, what do you want for breakfast?"Bakugou asked sternly while crossing his arms in front of his chest. "Bakugou, I want pancakes."The red-haired teen exclaimed with a cheeky grin.

"Well then, let's do this."The explosive blonde smirked and clasps his hands together, cracking them. He walked towards the fridge and opens it. He pulls out a box of pancake mix and two eggs. He then started reading the instructions that was written on the box. "Give me a cup and a quarter cup of water," Bakugou demanded, Kirishima immediately complying.

Kirishima checked the cupboards and pulled two cups, he put water on the other one and both handed it to Bakugou. The blond scooped a cup of pancake mix, pouring it in the tin bowl he prepared, and then he poured the water next. Then he began to whisk it into a batter, Kirishima watching him carefully.

"...Can I whisk it?"Kirishima requests, looking at Bakugou with puppy dog eyes. And it seemed to be effective to the blond teen. Bakugou hands the whisk to the redhead who immediately took it and started to whisk the batter rather quickly.

"It's not like that, idiot."Bakugou scolded him, flicking the other's forehead. Kirishima giggles, now properly whisking the batter."Gosh, cooking is harder than hero training.". Bakugou huffs in response, "It's easy, you're just a dumbass.". And in a quick moment, the mood shifted into something weirder. Kirishima leans a bit closer to Bakugou's face which caught the blond off guard, "You know what's easier?".

Kirishima can't help but notice a soft pink blush tinting Bakugou's face and the way the blond's eyes sparkled a bit.

"What?"Bakugou growled, stepping away slightly from the red head. Kirishima chuckles and continues whisking, "Nevermind.". "Dumbass," Bakugou mumbled and went back to reading the instructions of the pancake mix box.

"Go grease the pan, heat it up with medium heat."The blonde ordered, pointing at the stove. "Aye aye, bro."The redhead complied and went to grease the pan. Bakugou went to the other side of the kitchen where Kirishima was. He scoops some batter with a ladle and pours it on the heated pan and waits for it to cook.

Minutes passed and the pancakes were now fully cooked. Bakugou settled all the cooked pancakes on a bug plate, then turns off the stove. They both went to the dining area, Bakugou places the food on the table while Kirishima was preparing the utensils. The redhead also grabbed a jar of jam and chocolate syrup from the cupboard.

"Let's dig in!"Kirishima exclaimed and started eating his fair share of pancakes, dipping it with strawberry jam. "How was it?"Bakugou asked softly as ge ate his as well. "So so good!"Kirishima squealed.

"Thanks, Kiri, "Bakugou muttered, a small smile forming on his lips. Kirishima looks at Bakugou with surprise, his mouth hung agape. "Wait, did you just call me 'Kiri'? You never called me that!". Bakugou's face turned red (Kirishima didn't know if it was because of anger or embarrassment) and started eating his pancakes in an aggressive manner.

************************************
Word Count: 774 words

Thanks for reading this book