2

°
when you told me i remind you of her, the first thing that crossed my mind was the amount of disgust your face held when you told me that. that is when i knew that you now knew how to break me in one simple sentence. and it was in reference to a girl you loved once.

the second thought that raced by was 'how could you.'

the third was, 'is this what i get, even when i tried to stop you.even when i begged you so you could spare yourself from another heartbreak?

and the fourth one, right before i broke down into tears, was immense anger. so immense i wanted to punch you in the fucking face.

it hurt too much, that an alleged trait of mine was identical to the woman you loath now. all the while you had the nerve to say that you love me the most.

it made me realise that you didn't know me at all. twenty years? they were reduced to nothing at all.
maybe you didn't know her too.

i wanted to tell you all this. i desired so strongly to rid myself off my current skin, such was the disgust i felt in that moment. to pick a fight with her, tear her down completely. the temptation to be ruthless, to you, to me, to her, leave no one spared.

but now, none of those haunt me.

care? its over rated.
expectation? path to pain.
love? useless.
your words? i shall choose them to be lies when they are.
°