chapter 4 | meant to be

Y/N's POV

A few weeks had passed and Hyunjin and I weren't in contact at all again. I was starting to get worried. I had tried to call him a few times and I texted but he never replied to anything. But he was posting on the Stray Kids instagram account which was kind of weird. But, of course. He was busy with the special stage Stray Kids was preparing. It was acceptable. His career came first and I'm proud that he gets to do what he loves. I've been going to work as well, regularly. It's kind of boring right now since I'm only working on smaller projects but it's not bad. I grab my phone seeing if there's any update. I searched up Hyunjin's name but all of a sudden, there was something I had never expected to see.

'Stray Kids Hyunjin has been reported to be dating Kang Mina.

No way.. Hyunjin couldn't have. I clicked on the link and started to look through the information. Something along the lines of them hanging out after their mcing and hugging goodbye. The comments all consisted of them saying 'I ship!, or 'Aww, they're so cute.', or even 'I wouldn't even be surprised if this was real. She's the only girl I can actually see Hyunjin be with.'

"Come on. Y/N.. You know this isn't what it looks like. I'm sure Hyunjin's just busy. That's why there's no contact. Right.. Right?"

*Ring Ring*

Y/N: "Hello?"

Chan: "Oh good. You're not crying. God. This is such a mess."

Y/N: "Wait, is it true?"

Chan: "What do you mean is it true? NO! At least.. Not that I know of."

Y/N: "So.. It could.. Be true?"

Chan: "Look Y/N.. You're gonna be okay. Everything will work out."

Y/N: "Why wouldn't Hyunjin tell me about this?"

Chan: "Y/N.. I think you'll just have to talk to him about this."

Y/N: "He's not answering any of my calls, texts. Nothing. How am I supposed to do that?"

Chan: "Y/N, please.. Don't cry. It hurts to hear you cry, you know.."

Y/N: "I'm sorry. I just.."

Chan: "No. Don't be sorry. No, yeah you're right. You can cry all you want. Let it go. I'm sure Hyunjin has some kind of explanation for this."

Y/N: "Hey Chan..."

Chan: "Yeah?"

Y/N: "Am I not enough? Like Hyunjin deserves someone like her. An idol. Someone who ca-"