Chapter 2

Chapter 2 SVJ/EAJ

Walking out from the boss' office, he let out a sigh before he looked at the bag at his side. He pulled out a brown envelope with trimmed white ribbons, where inside is a stack of clipped yellow papers. All about the recent case of human traffickers and murders. Staring at the closed envelope, he started to walk towards the office he is appointed with. The boss had told him earlier of where to go as soon as he met his colleagues, and can be on the scene where they will be at.

Of course, with a warning of not provoking any of the group. Otherwise, he will be moved to another building.

Walking onwards through the previous halls he is with the other guy, and remembering the guy insists on staying with the boss as he pleads a private talk with him, leaves Sean to go by his own. He wonders if that guy who accompanied him is interested in same sex, and wouldn't be surprised if it is a fact. Sighing as he closed his eyes for a moment, only to bump on to someone.

Expressing his apology, he mentally criticised himself for the carelessness he had done, but is shocked to have his eyes encounter an alluring woman. Wearing a white long thin cotton tee ruffled sleeve with a soft grey underneath the collar tucked inside her mid upper thigh black soft grey shorts, she rose up on her feet before Sean get to offer her. Her grey metallic eyes, that ranges to-and-fro, met his chartreuse ones. With dusted pink cheeks, he averted his eyes on the ground then back to her before asking; "Who might you be?" She cocked a brow. "Client." She flatly replied, before looking down at the envelope he still have on his hand. Looking down the same, he realized that the group's name is written on a paper clipped onto the brown thing. "HOLLOW SLEUTHS" is what was written on the paper.

"Does that meant you are a member of the group who is in charge of the recent crimes?" She asked. "Come with me." He offered, taking his hand out for her to take. She looked confused over his deed, for he had not answered her question. But figuring he is, indeed, a member, she take his hand.

The stride was silent. No words uttered from their mouths, and Sean's cheeks turned rosy from the nervousness he have. He couldn't believe that he could act so confident when inside, he almost slammed his face on the ground when he asked her such question. The woman, in return, knows of this facade of his and is keeping herself from asking.

Upon reaching the pastel green door, he is amazed of their choice of color while the woman internally questioned their sense of beauty, Sean let go of the woman's hand and knocked on the door three times. Before their ears are met of a scream from the inside, and since they have just arrived, they barged through the door.

Only to see a ransacked place filled with people almost punching the other one. "Sleuths are a lively bunch, aren't they." The woman from earlier flatly stated as she watched the people there bicker to-and-fro, not noticing of the guests who had entered through the now-opened door. He silently agreed, although knowing how sarcastic she says it. Perhaps she is a new client, for he had guessed that detectives aren't like this. They are more mysterious, in a sense, and deduce the crimes in a place without paying heed to the attention pouring onto them. Though, he let the fantasized thought wither away as he stared at the scene.

"Uhm," He called, an attempt to earn their attention and to save themselves from disrespect. But, perhaps as energetic as they seem to be, they did not hear it and continued to bicker. He cleared his throat and smiled in an agitated way towards the woman he talked to. She hasn't responded in his attempt to take her to a, in his mind, place where they can peacefully talk.

"Miss, I-" "Let's leave the lots be. I suppose they are as useless as they express themselves to be."

Her words surprised him, he did not expected such an angelical and alluring young lady to say the words she said. But, witnessing such a scene, it would be hard for him to argue the statement. He honestly wondered how they got into this agency, that is known for their great mind.