chapter one

marley evans.

she walks soft and talks loud. she likes the smell of rain and wears clothes that are far too big for her. she has a smiley face tattoo on her left hand. she wears worn out sneakers, swearing that she doesn't need a new pair. she's fascinated by jellyfish and she wants to swim with the whales. she likes to be called kitten and she screams during sex. she takes her coffee black but puts three tablespoons of sugar in her frosted flakes. she vows to live in the pacific north west someday and make it out of pontiac. she only eats the red and blue otter pops. for each time she says she loves me, she tells me she hates me twice. she has no shame when it comes to public affection but she's afraid of commitment. she loves to go on walks at 3 in the morning. fridays are her favorite because steak and shake serve milkshakes half priced after midnight. she makes me smile the most but she loves to piss me off. she always has at least 15 corny jokes prepared at all times. her laugh actually makes you more amused than the joke. she once told me that board games were more important than watching sports. when i disagreed she broke up with me. i told her i was wrong and we got back together 36 minutes later. she's refused to eat meat since she was twelve years old but once when she was on her period she ate a hamburger. she punches me everytime i remind her. she is obsessed with puppies and loves it when i smack her ass. she's a mess, she's insane, she's confusing, and sometimes unbearable. but i wouldn't have her any other way.