ACHA officially cancels nationals, UJ hockey season concludes

***Taken From Jamestown Sun

The American Collegiate Hockey Association, the governing body for non-varsity college hockey in the United States, announced Thursday it has canceled the ACHA's 2020 national tournament previously scheduled for March 19-29 due to public health co...

The American Collegiate Hockey Association, the governing body for non-varsity college hockey in the United States, announced Thursday it has canceled the ACHA's 2020 national tournament previously scheduled for March 19-29 due to public health concerns regarding COVID-19.

Jamestown was scheduled to open its third consecutive trip to nationals by playing in-state rival Minot State University on March 21 at Comerica Center in Frisco. The Jimmies played to a program record 28 wins in 2019-20, losing just eight times in 36 games.

"We are incredibly disappointed to have to cancel our national tournament," said ACHA Executive Director Craig Barnett. "However, the safety of our teams and student-athletes is of paramount concern. With the recent actions taken by USA Hockey and other major sports leaders, together with the uncertainty regarding the current public health situation, we felt it necessary to be proactive and take this preventative measure to mitigate, suppress, and delay the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). The ACHA apologizes for any inconvenience; however, we believe we are acting in the best interests of the ACHA's student-athletes, their families and fans, by taking this extraordinary action."

Reference

http://achahockey.org/view/achahockey