October 23, 1846

Daniel Miller walked out of his office at the end of his day, ready to start his evening. He looked up and down the deserted street. His eyes landed on one of the streetlamps. He looked up at the nearby clock and the hour hand just stuck four. As e began to make his way down the street, he walked past an alleyway, he hear a noise and turned quickly.

    He let out a sigh of relief, "Its only a black cat, it must have knocked over the garbage can." he said while leaning over to pet it.

    Little did Daniel know that the cat wan't what knocked the garbage can over. There was a man standing in the dark corner of the alley waiting for his chance to attack. His beady eyes were filed with greed, he wanted to take Daniel's life and soon.  He started to rub his pocket watch nervously, he could feel the floral engraving. While his thoughts wandered, when he focused again he realized that Daniel began to turn away and make his way back down the street. The man almost made a small chuckle to himself knowing that Daniel would never make it home. 

    Daniel continued his way down the street, but then he felt something grab him from behind. Everything went black.

    October 23, 1846 was a dark day for all of Virginia. A young man loved by all. Who worked for the local newspaper in Richmond called The Amontillado. Today was the day Daniel Miller went missing