Third Part

Sylvia led us to her house. She smiled and set her bike down on her front lawn. After she motioned to me, I did the same.
Together we snuck past her house and into the small woods behind it.
The trees created a dark canopy.
"Follow me!"
I followed her, getting nervous. What the hell was in this woods?
Sylvia finally turned back to me, a huge grin on her face, motioning to something. "Look."
I turned to where she was pointing, and gasped. There was a massive fountain, with statues covering it, and finely detailed. It was overgrown, but beautiful.
"I found this a couple years back. Isn't it just gorgeous?" Sylvia absolutely glowed with pride as she said that. "I haven't shown it to anyone yet. Just you."
I gulped, and softly said, "It's beautiful." I was looking at Sylvia as I said this.
She gazed back at me, understanding what I had meant. I had called her beautiful.
"Thanks," she said, adopting the same tone and meaning.
All of a sudden, my hands were on her hips. I bit my lip, and looked uncertainly into her eyes. She shifted forward, pressing herself into a waiting embrace. My hands crept up her back, and I was holding her.
Neither of us seemed to be breathing.
We were looking into each other's eyes, and it was the same connection as the day before.
I felt like I had known her for years, decades. I knew that she felt the same way, as she reached up and pressed her lips against mine. I felt sparks fly and I felt like I was drowning in my feelings for her.
I pulled away, gently letting go of her, numb. I gently pressed a hand to my lips, shaking, before grabbing her waist again and kissing her.

And that was how the best summer of my life started.