Sticky notes

It was a quiet day at work, no one to bother and no criminals screaming sexist comments towards you. But it bore you to death, you had to do something about it. Derek was sleeping on his desk, JJ was working on some files and Reid was standing by the coffee machine. All of them were the people available, beside Hotch, but you didn't dare to do anything to him. So, which one of these three would be the most fun to bother?

As you tried to decide which one of them you were going to prank, Reid walked over to you with the coffee cup and rose an eyebrow. Now it wasn't even a choice to pick him.

"What are you doing?" he asked, sitting down next to you.

You looked over at him with this devilioush smile that always appeared when you were planning to do something to one in the room. Reid saw this and scooted his chair closer and whispered in your eye, giving you an idea as to what to even do and what to write. It was a brilliant plan, and he was happy to help to write the words on the note and getting the tape. Both of you made your way over to Derek, being as quiet as you could. Spencer was the one to hold what you needed while you made sure Derek was actually sleeping, waving your hand in front of his face.

"What are you guys doing?" JJ whisper-yelled, but you didn't answer, instead, Reid rose the tape and the note to show her.

As you grabbed the note and a good amount of tape from Reid, you couldn't stop the smile on your face as you taped the sticky note to his forehead. Whenever he made a motion that he was almost waking up or groaning, you ducked out of sight to prevent being found out. Hotch came out of his office as you finished the taping and rose an eyebrow at you guys, but only shook his head at the scene in front of him.

"Come on, guys, the day is over," he called out.

You and Reid looked at each other and gave each other a high five before getting your things and leaving the building, chatting about some book both of you had read, sharing your thoughts on it. It was quite calming to not have a case that you had to stress over or a case where you didn't know if you were gonna walk out on your own feet. As you came to the parking lot, you said your goodbyes and got into each of your cars, but you didn't leave the parking lot as you waited. Reid, honking at you as his car passed yours.

It didn't really take a long time before you noticed Derek walk out of the building and look confused around, as if to understand where everyone had gone. You were watching him as he was going to run a hand over his forehead, but stopped as he felt the tape, making you chuckle in your car. He gently ripped it off and frowned, reading what you had written down. Maybe it was your imagination, but you noticed the corner of his lips turn slightly upward. And by seeing his small smile, you couldn't help but to smile yourself.

Just as soon as he left the building, he had gone to his car and sat in before driving off. But you were quick, you followed him, checking if he were going to the spot that you had written on the note. And he did, much to your surprise. You got out of the car and followed him before he stopped in the middle of the beach and turned around, opening his hands to you. No one could have counted to two before you had rushed into his arms with this bubbly laugh of yours.

"Well, didn't expect you to turn up," you said.

"I got a note from someone very dear, so why shouldn't I come?" he asked, looking at the stars and the moon from there, as well as holding around you.

It was perfect in that exact moment.