𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

¸¸♬·¯·♩·¯·♬¸¸

     THE NEXT DAY, EDDIE RANG the Watson doorbell and waited patiently for Lia to answer the door. Martha's car wasn't in the driveway so he wasn't worried about what she was going to say or do to Cordelia if she saw him there on an unscheduled day for them to see each other. His hands were fiddling with his yellow and blue shorts before the door opened. However, it wasn't Lia who answered the door.

"Edward!" Ruth greeted him with a large smile. She placed a hand on his back and brought him into the house. Eddie's brown eyes were wide in fright as he stepped foot inside. "Come in! Cordelia's just upstairs in her room. You can go see her, if you want."

"Thanks, M-Mrs. Watson," he stuttered before untying his shoes and walking up the stairs. His hands were shaking as he neared her door which was slightly open, the mellifluous sound of The Beatles resonating from her record player. He had never been in her house before, and it was a terrifying experience for him. Eddie knocked lightly on her door before she opened it. Her blue eyes widened at the sight of the Kaspbrak boy.

"Eddie, hi," she exhaled before grinning at him. She opened her door wider and walked into her room, Eddie slowly following behind her. Cordelia walked towards her light blue record player and picked up the tone-arm, abruptly stopping the music. She turned around and clasped her hands together in front of her with a large smile plastered on her face.

"Shall we?" She lifted her arm up and had gestured for Eddie to link arms with her. He gave her an unsure look before she rolled her eyes with a smile. "C'mon!" Letting her arm drop to her side, she decided to grab his hand instead. The two ran down the stairs and out the door. Hopping on the back of Eddie's bike, the two made their way to Bill's house.

When they arrived at the Denbrough residence, Cordelia immediately jumped off the back of Eddie's bike, almost falling over in the process. She let out a small giggle before walking into the garage where the others were. Stan had watched Lia from inside and let slip a smile at her clumsiness.

"Hello, William," Lia greeted as she brushed some of her brown hair from out of her face. Assuming that it was because she never used nicknames growing up, Bill brushed off her calling him by his full name. He thought it made her unique. "What can I do to help?" Bill looked around at the other members of the Losers' Club that were working on covering up anything that could emit light into the room. He saw Stan struggling with hanging up a blanket over the window.

"Y-you could help Stan with the b-bl-blay-blanket," he told her, nodding over in the Uris boy's direction. She nodded her head eagerly before walking over towards Stan.