New Neighbors

Monty
1:14p.m

Man this car is going to be the death of me. I stared at it in awe as it shine under the sun. I threw the rag back in the bucket and took it onto the porch. Stretching out some I yawned since I'm a little tired. I been up all morning helping my dad with some shit, and came back home and started washing the car.

I look over and saw some trucks outside this house two houses down. It's been empty for three years and someone finally moving into it. The last family that was there was pretty cool its sad they had to leave. I went to go move my car off the road and into the yard. I got it and glance back over and saw two older couples standing there talking.

"Monty," I look over and saw my parents staring at me.

"Yes?"

"We're heading over to meet our new neighbors." They said as they came down the steps.

I nodded and passed by them heading towards the house, "You're not coming baby."

"Nah mom, I'm tired I can meet them next time."

She shook her head and continued walking across the street with dad. I headed inside the house and went straight for the kitchen. I aint trying to go to sleep hungry. I fixed me a bowl of noodles, of course the beef kind, and smashed them hoes. When I finished I headed straight towards my room for this well needed nap.

7:24p.m

I raised up out the bed and stretched out my arms. Checking the time I decided I showed head out back and shoot a couple of hoops. I switched into my shorts and shoes and head outside. Passing through the family room I saw mom smiling and talking to a lady. They both stop talking and turned towards me.

"Sabrina this is my son Monty, Monty this is Ms. Harris our new neighbor."

I smiled some as I gave her a hug, "Hello ma'am, how you doing today?"

"Girl he got some manners, I'm doing good son with your handsome self." She said giggling.

"Monty you must finna play ball for awhile?" Mom ask looking me up and down.

"Oh yea I am since there isn't anything else to do."

"Ok, and tomorrow evening we are having dinner for Sabrina and her kids. So go ahead and cancel whatever plans ok."

I rolled my eyes some cause what does that have to do with me. They can all eat together it's not like my presences mattered that much. Me and Megan got plans and already tripping about me not spending enough time with her. I be trying to though but shit be popping up.

"Mom me and Megan is-"

"Nah don't care, now you good to go."

I smack my teeth and headed outside. She always think she can tell me what to do and that shit aint cool. I'm 22 years old the fuck I look like still need permission for shit and getting told what to do. I'll be glad when I have my own hell.

Symone

"Would you two stop it? Damn when is mom coming back," I semi yelled.

My twin brothers are wrestling and knocking everything over, and I be damn if I have to pick all this shit back up. We just finish moving in and I don't have time for all that extra shit. I'm tired as fuck how the hell they got this much energy.

"He was talking shit," Treyvon said.

"Fuck you nigga," Armon screamed.

I rolled my eyes in frustration, "It's cool I will make sure to tell mom to keep y'all here with grandma, when we go out and explore the city later this week."

They instantly stop and jumped up off the floor. The mugged each other before walking off and going their separate ways. Grandma do not play that shit at all, and she can be very boring and tiring all at once. I'm pretty sure no one wants to spend their summer with her after moving to a new state and then its California. I still love her from here to the moon though, I will knock a motherfucker head off for her.

I grabbed a bottle of water and went outside. I look around the neighborhood and smiled. It's actually nice and I'm surprised my mom picked it out. She did a good job this time, and then it's not that far from campus. I attend University of Southern California majoring in Communications. I got a full ride since I am now on their track team. I love running. I love moving honestly. This neighborhood is actually a good place for me to run.

I look over towards the house mom is at, and caught a glance at the backyard. You can't see it all the way, but the pieces I do see is beautiful. It sounded like someone was playing basketball, might be Mrs. Simmons son she talk about. He apparently a good basketball player at the school I'm going to, and this is his senior year.

I wonder do he have any advice for me about everything. He could probably help guide me his last year preparing me for the rest of mine. I head back inside since it's late and it's getting darker by the second. I grabbed my phone and started texting some of my friends and cousins. They feel like I should be lucky moving to LA from Texas. I told them it ain't that big of a deal, but nawl they are convinced otherwise.

I sat on my bed and stared at some of the boxes left. I'll finish that tomorrow maybe later this week hell. I turned the tv on and instantly went to Netflix. I have to finish watching On My Block. Soon my annoying ass brothers was running into my room.

"We wanna watch tv too," Armon said as they jumped on my bed.

I rolled my eyes, "Just don't talk this time please and thank you."

Baller Vibes-yellowchick45☺️😍☺️
March 23,2020

Hope you guys enjoyed this first chapter.