Chapter 6

On the way to the army base,Beomgyu was gazing at a certain store with its door opened wide and Taehyun noticed this but decided not to budge in.

    As they got nearer to the house,Beomgyu suddenly gripped Taehyun's shoulder and got up while saying,“Wait.We should stop at this store,please.”

    The jeep was slowed down letting Beomgyu got off from the jeep.Taehyun frowned and cried,“Beomgyu,what are you doing!?”

    He stared back at his comrades who were glaring at him.Taehyun sighed and hopped off the jeep then made his way to the same direction Beomgyu went inside.Inside the store,the bulb of the lamp was blinking and seemed broken.There were some trails of dirt leading deeper into the store.

    Taehyun heard some footsteps so then he followed them and saw Beomgyu trying to fight off some zombies crowding a tall guy in the middle.Taehyun ran straight to them with his belt knife in left hand and stabbed all the zombies at the head one by one.Beomgyu went near to the guy who was panting heavily while he leaned against the wall,clearly looking very terrified.

    “Are you alright,Soobin?” Beomgyu asked.Soobin nodded and slumped down hard on the floor.He seemed to be gasping hard for air.Taehyun crouched down in front of him and observed his condition.“Were you bitten by one of them?” he asked Soobin.

    Soobin shook his head,his body still trembling.Taehyun nodded and made him drink some of his water then helped Soobin walking out of the store with Beomgyu's help.They carefully made back into the jeep that luckily was still waiting outside.

    They all made some space for Soobin to calm down then Taehyun grabbed a blanket and covered it around him.Beomgyu who was next to him,thanked Taehyun.“We'll be alright,” Taehyun said with a small smile.