Chapter 7

Yeonjun wrote down something on a small piece of paper that he left behind with Kai at their camping spot.Just few minutes later,Kai's eyes blinked open while his head turning around to make sure where he was at.

He looked over at Yeonjun's spot to find it empty,made him jump into an instant panic.His head swung to every direction and called out,"Yeonjun?Yeonjun!?"

He tried so hard not to be too loud and stopped when he saw a piece of paper on a clean torn cloth on the ground which he picked it up.Flipped the paper from back to front and read the certain handwriting belonged to Yeonjun."Will be back after I search for some clean water.Eat the leftovers first," Kai read.

Half concerned,half clueless,he proceeded to fill up his tummy for the day.

~

As Taehyun,Soobin and Beomgyu finally reached the army base they were headed off,they were ordered to register their identifications first except Taehyun."Okay well,you two have to line up with that long queue over there.I have to be back with my team.It's been great to know you two," Taehyun said,smiling.

Soobin and Beomgyu stared at smiling Taehyun which they both returned him with wide smiles on their faces.Soobin went forward and quickly hugged Taehyun out then spoke,"Thank you so much,Taehyun.I wouldn't know what could happen to me back there if it wasn't for you.We'll miss you."

Taehyun let out a small chuckle and nodded then Beomgyu hugged him."Thank you!We are so grateful to you.If there's any way to repay you back,we would," Beomgyu ranted,smiling so widely at him.Taehyun shook his head a little and stated,"Just get yourselves to safety,always.Ok?"

Soobin and Beomgyu both nodded their heads,still smiling in appreciation for Taehyun.Taehyun then walked away from those two men and turned around to give them one last wave of goodbye which they both waved back at him.

Taehyun made his way directly to his barracks and been greeted by some of his fellow comrades.He reached his top bunk bed and took off his combat helmet,his military jacket covered with a bit of blood and placed down his guns.Didn't bother to change his wet black t-shirt soaked with sweat.

He just felt something was off for a while but decided to not get overworried about it,but his certain anxiety was rising up.When he was about to take off his dog tag,one of the high ranked soldiers barged into the the room in such a sudden manner,staring urgently at the group of soldiers there with a stern look and ordered,"Sudden attack in base now!Move out!Move out!Defense team prepare at West Wing!Front liners immediately grab your weapons and reform with teams now!Others secure the survivors!".

Without hesitation,Taehyun quickly put his military jacket back on along his combat helmet to make his way back outside.Some of the zombies had already reached the barracks and some soldiers inside were bitten brutally.When he got outside,the first thing he looked at was the registration queue.Hoped he could see Soobin and Beomgyu but couldn't find them anywhere.

Taehyun proceeded to run around other zones,hoping he could find the two men and killed off some of the zombies along his solo mission.When a crowd of those dirty zombies got near him and pulled him relentlessly,he tripped down and hit hard on the ground.Stars were about to fill his mind but he still swung his belt knife around,making sure they won't be near enough to bite him.

However,he struggled harder when few of them started crawling on top of his lying body on the ground,their faces so near to his with their annoying growls filling up his ears.

Fortunately,he still managed to kill the one nearest to his face before he blanked out but realised that some of them were already dead.Someone else had killed them.