Prologue: 'Hemlock' Trailer

The roof seemed to crack open, debris falling down upon her. The house rattled as those big, glowing red eyes stared back at her. Screams filled the room as bits of the ceiling fell around her.

"AURORA, NO!" Someone screamed, their blurry body lunging towards her as the towering beast screeched loudly into the sky. "PEARL!"

She felt a push and flew to the other side of the room, the blurry falling to the floor as the beast lunged down on them, gobbling them up-
-------
Aurora's eyes shot open as she felt her room shake. The walls cracked and she could hear the sounds of distant screaming.

An earthquake? No, this didn't feel like any old earthquake. This was an invasion.

A Grimm invasion.

She shot up and scurried to the door, throwing it open just as Cassum, her caretaker, fell through.

"Cassum, what-?!"

"Ro, we have to go. Now." He said, standing up.

"Go? Go where?"

"Anywhere but here! Grimm are crawling all over the place! Grab whatever you can fit into a backpack or whatever and meet me downstairs!"

"W-wait, it can't be bad enough for us to leave for good, can it?" She asked, completely oblivious.

Cassum walked to her window and opened the blinds, showing her the turmoil that was going on outside. Several nevermores circled overhead and going down to attack. Beowolves patrolled the streets and ursai attacked innocent people. Aurora watched, almost frozen in fear. Cassum pulled her away from the window.

"Come on. Grab whatever you can in five minutes and meet me downstairs." He said.

She nodded, immediately grabbing a duffel bag and shoving everything in her room that could fit inside. She couldn't stop thinking about leaving her home-the home she never stepped a foot out of, the home that kept her safe, the home that was being destroyed that very second.

But she couldn't stop to mourn. She only had a minute and she needed to get the hell out of there as fast as possible. She grabbed a backpack and threw in her prototype weapons in along with various other things that she couldn't fit in the duffel bag.
She sprinted down the stairs and outside where Cassum had been waiting for her, taking one last longing look at her house before being pulled away. They ran among the crowd of people that were desperately trying to get onto the flurry of trains that had yet to be touched by the Grimm.

City officials were working on getting everyone on in an orderly fashion, which obviously didn't last. Cassum and Aurora were in the very back of the crowd, and Cassum was becoming restless by the minute.

Aurora looked around, and through the crowd of people, she saw a man trapped under the rubble of a fallen house. His family was gathered around him, having a really hard time getting the rubble off of him.

' He needs help...I need to help...'

She turned in the direction of the house and was about to take off running when she felt Cassum's hand pull her back.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"There's a guy trapped under that house. He needs-"

"No. No, you're staying with me."

Aurora was confused. "What do you mean 'no?'"

Cassum sighed. "Ro, I know you want to help, but it's not our place. Niether of us are strong enough to get him out. The huntsmen will be here to help him."