Chapter 2: Three's a Crowd

Ricky

"So, what exactly is this job again?" I asked as I turned my attention to the man sitting in the passenger seat beside me. Felix was a very tall man with a body type that could be described in one way: ripped. Basically, the guy was your typical, not-so-friendly neighbourhood drug dealer.

He had built his own little empire in the shadows of Westwood hiding from the Armani since they didn't really like drug dealing in the city. Felix didn't really know what else to do with his life until the Chausse scouted him and opened a whole new door for him, finally allowing him to do what he did best.

"It's a simple drop off job, Ricky. Don't bust your guts for it," Felix replied as he filled my car with smoke. My poor Chevrolet Impala didn't deserve such treatment. He looked down on me with his usual patronising gaze, his muscles straining against the fabric of his clothes, making them look like they're about to rip at the hem. He either needed to shrink down or buy better fitting clothes. Why he did that to himself was beyond me.

"No offense," I started, "But if it's a simple drop off job, then why am I driving two of the Chausse executives?" I looked at Yona Yukihira from the corner of my eyes. The cute redhead had been sitting in the back, not saying anything to us. Her hazel eyes silently staring and analysing.

"Don't you have any better things to do?" I asked her but she only scoffed.

"It's not like I wanted to come, you stupid newbie."

She leaned forward. Her slender build making her clothes hang from her body, a ludicrous contrast to Felix.

"They are going to do a lab test of our drug and I would prefer if Yona was there," Felix cut in, blowing smoke into my face for the hundredth time in that car ride. My hand was itching to grab that cigar and throw it out through the window or at least punch him in the face. I just knew I wouldn't be able to get rid of that smell.

"Whatever," I looked back at the road. "I don't want to babysit two Chausse executives in one day. You better not get yourselves killed, or I'll have an easy opening for a promotion," I chuckled just when we reached the dark alley.

Felix slowed the car down and swerved into the cramped spot between two buildings. It was incredibly narrow; there was no way two cars could fit if parked side-by-side. The towering buildings on either side set a shade through it, creating an eerie, dismal atmosphere.

The place was awfully quiet and I started to wonder if they were going to kill me instead. To think it would happen in such a filthy dump was almost insulting. I wouldn't allow anything to take away the action movie death I deserved. The three of us sat in silence, waiting patiently. No noise but the rumble of the engine could be heard around us.

After a couple minutes of this agonising silence, our heads snapped to the opposite entrance. A loud squeal of tires rang through the alley before another car appeared, slowly making its way towards us.

It stopped a couple feet in front of us before the engine died, bringing the alley back to its ominous state.

Just as discussed.

"Let's go." Felix was the first to walk out of the car, with Yona hopping out right after. I stepped out of the car myself after I turned it off and Immediately stepped into something slimy. Cursing under my breath, I banged the car door shut behind me. I didn't look down to see what I stepped into. I didn't want to know. I cleaned my shoe on the wet asphalt in disgust.

The alley was as filthy as it gets. Looking down at the ground felt like you were on a treasure hunt. Wonderful trinkets ranging from old, moldy food to condoms decorated the old road. I should be used to this stuff, but it never failed to disgust me.